Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

50 pounds overweight.

Posted by on May. 8, 2014 at 12:16 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hello...I am new to this but could use some motivation to LOSS THIS WEIGHT. I have three kids and in my 30's...no excuse...please help.
by on May. 8, 2014 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Molimomma
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Right there with you, I need to lose at least 30. So far I lost 10 then gained 5 back and then lost 3 again so I've lost about 8. Drinking water really does help if you are not a water drinker(I was not) and just added in 2 bottles of water a day and it made a difference. I also really got serious about eating better. More salads, smaller portions, making better choices, etc. I think the portions really makes a difference. My DH eats a lot but he also runs, exercises regularly, etc and I think I just got in the habit of eating bigger portions when I was pregnant and then nursing and now 3 years later I've gained too much so now I have to retrain myself eat the right amounts and not load up until I'm stuffed. I eat so quickly that I think I over eat because I don't feel full right away. I've been at this for almost a year now and it's not been easy but I'm trying and I'm noticing progress so I'm motivated. Good luck to you, you can do it!

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2014 at 1:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Zero carb
NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2014 at 1:43 PM
3 moms liked this

Check out the Weight Loss, Fitness & Health group here.  The members there have a lot of great advice.  Very inspiring!

Carla303
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 3:23 PM
I love carbs...but will and can cut down...thank you.

Quoting MixedCooke: Zero carb
Carla303
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Thank you. Will look thru once kiddos are down....
crwspringer
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2014 at 3:27 PM
I cut out all gluten and sugar. The very first week I lost 8 lbs which was such tremendous motivation.
I have lost 22 in 2 months doing this and just walking.
The first day was the hardest, but after that it has been much easier.
Carla303
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 3:27 PM
The back and forth 1 pound here then 3 pounds back is also what's going on....I'm a night eatter to. If I can stop doing that I'm sure that should help too. Thank you...

Quoting Molimomma:

Right there with you, I need to lose at least 30. So far I lost 10 then gained 5 back and then lost 3 again so I've lost about 8. Drinking water really does help if you are not a water drinker(I was not) and just added in 2 bottles of water a day and it made a difference. I also really got serious about eating better. More salads, smaller portions, making better choices, etc. I think the portions really makes a difference. My DH eats a lot but he also runs, exercises regularly, etc and I think I just got in the habit of eating bigger portions when I was pregnant and then nursing and now 3 years later I've gained too much so now I have to retrain myself eat the right amounts and not load up until I'm stuffed. I eat so quickly that I think I over eat because I don't feel full right away. I've been at this for almost a year now and it's not been easy but I'm trying and I'm noticing progress so I'm motivated. Good luck to you, you can do it!

Carla303
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Hmmmmmm......I will look into that. None period???? If you have more info on this please share!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

Quoting crwspringer: I cut out all gluten and sugar. The very first week I lost 8 lbs which was such tremendous motivation.
crwspringer
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2014 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this
While I am trying to loose the weight I'm not cheating at all (I rarely have days that I even desire to cheat) but once I loose the rest of my weight (20 more) I will allow myself a little something here and there.

I totally understand people hesitating eating like this. I really struggled with the thought of it but I was starting to have issues with my stomach hurting a lot and knew that I couldn't continue with my current life style.

Thinking about it was a lot more difficult than actually doing it. I find it easier to listen to what my body is telling me about being full. I really am enjoying more fruits and vegetables as well.

Quoting Carla303: Hmmmmmm......I will look into that. None period???? If you have more info on this please share!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

Quoting crwspringer: I cut out all gluten and sugar. The very first week I lost 8 lbs which was such tremendous motivation.
Molimomma
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 4:57 PM

If I eat after dinner it's a small cup of cinnamon apple sauce or just rinsed raspberries. I am not an after dinner snack person at all. I was doing great, even through the holidays and everything and then my husband brought 2 boxes of those damn Girl Scout cookies and erased months of work! I was so mad at myself. It hasn't taken me nearly as long to lose those 5 again though so I'm glad. Our pool is about to open back up again too and that's when I lost the most weight last summer.

Quoting Carla303: The back and forth 1 pound here then 3 pounds back is also what's going on....I'm a night eatter to. If I can stop doing that I'm sure that should help too. Thank you...
Quoting Molimomma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)