Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

new to site; new to baby

Posted by on May. 9, 2014 at 3:34 AM
  • 9 Replies
Hi ladies...I'm a 23 yr old first time mommy and I'm quite scared. Every little pain I feel scares me like something may be wrong with my baby. I have this constant pain that comes and goes in my lower abdomen on the right hand side. Its usually dull but sometimes is sharp. My family and friends say its just my uterus still stretching and I've googled it and it also sounds like something they call round ligament pain. Have any of you ever had this problem? BTW I'm very tiny... I'm about 5'7 and only weigh 114 lbs. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Please and thank you.
by on May. 9, 2014 at 3:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
heatherberlyn
by on May. 9, 2014 at 3:50 AM
How far along?
polkaspots
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 3:53 AM
Sounds normal. As you get further along you'll have a lot more discomfort and you get used to it. For me when I first started having the discomfort I called it pain, but after a few months it's just mildly annoying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Hi! Welcome! Since you are concerned, call your doctor's office and speak with the nurse or doctor. Good luck!

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Hi! This sounds normal but I would mention it to your OB! Congratulations! Welcome to CafeMom!

Hottmomma607
by Trica on May. 9, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Have discuss anything with your doctor?
How far along are you?

Quoting queenbe09: Hi ladies...I'm a 23 yr old first time mommy and I'm quite scared. Every little pain I feel scares me like something may be wrong with my baby. I have this constant pain that comes and goes in my lower abdomen on the right hand side. Its usually dull but sometimes is sharp. My family and friends say its just my uterus still stretching and I've googled it and it also sounds like something they call round ligament pain. Have any of you ever had this problem? BTW I'm very tiny... I'm about 5'7 and only weigh 114 lbs. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Please and thank you.
tobysmom103
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 11:10 AM

welcome to cafemom :) it sounds completely normal to me but if your really concerned you could always ask your doctor. congrats on the new baby:)

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

It's pretty normal to worry with the first pregnancy, and ob's are used to lots of questions. Call him/her if you are really worried. And welcome to cafemom. Definitely check out the pregnancy group

queenbe09
by on May. 10, 2014 at 3:31 AM
I am 19 weeks...an I've mentioned it before to my obgyn but she says the same thing..that the uterus is just stretching. I'm also not feeling any movements from the baby yet. In the morning when I go to the rest room it feels like he/she may be sitting on that right side of NY lower abdomen but when I urinate, it moves. It feels like a lump
queenbe09
by on May. 10, 2014 at 3:34 AM
PS. Thanks for commenting everyone.!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN