Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Boyfriends mother! Am I over reacting?!

Posted by on May. 9, 2014 at 10:46 AM
  • 44 Replies
Okay, since having my baby, who just turned 4 months old, I feel like I've had a constant battle with my boyfriends mother to respect me as the mother of my child. It's like any little thing I say, she will turn around and do the complete opposite or purposely try to get a reaction out of me. The final straw for me happened about 3 weeks ago when she brought our child out to us while shoving a spoon of banana pudding in her mouth! Who feeds someone's baby something without asking their permission?! This made me extremely mad but I choose to simply ask her not to give her anymore at the time and was going to discuss the issue with her later since they had a bunch of family over. Not even two minutes later, I walk back into her house to see her yet again give my child another spoon of banana pudding after I asked her not to. I completely lost my mind. I took my daughter from her and left the house. His mom thinks she hasn't done anything wrong and that she shouldn't have to ask my permission to feed my (only 3 month old baby at the time) food! Instead of simply apologizing and working things out with me, she has publicized this issue all over her fb, trying to find sympathy from her friends and family because of the way I acted towards her. At the moment I am not allowing her to see my daughter. I don't know if I'm making the right decision or not. I just feel like if she will blatantly disrespect me to my face and do something after my asking her not to while I'm at her house, what is she doing with my child behind my back when I'm not there?!
by on May. 9, 2014 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on May. 9, 2014 at 10:52 AM
6 moms liked this
Your boyfriend needs to step in. Ask mom to respect you as the mom and work together. Remember she came from a different generation and has raised kid(s) already. Simply tell her thanks for advice,etc. but no thanks and will go what the doctors suggest. Even though if can remember about 4months babies start to eat baby food? Its been too long since I had a little one. But I know you're suppose to slowly introduce food just in case they're allergic?
Good luck!

Quoting Ashee_ann: Okay, since having my baby, who just turned 4 months old, I feel like I've had a constant battle with my boyfriends mother to respect me as the mother of my child. It's like any little thing I say, she will turn around and do the complete opposite or purposely try to get a reaction out of me. The final straw for me happened about 3 weeks ago when she brought our child out to us while shoving a spoon of banana pudding in her mouth! Who feeds someone's baby something without asking their permission?! This made me extremely mad but I choose to simply ask her not to give her anymore at the time and was going to discuss the issue with her later since they had a bunch of family over. Not even two minutes later, I walk back into her house to see her yet again give my child another spoon of banana pudding after I asked her not to. I completely lost my mind. I took my daughter from her and left the house. His mom thinks she hasn't done anything wrong and that she shouldn't have to ask my permission to feed my (only 3 month old baby at the time) food! Instead of simply apologizing and working things out with me, she has publicized this issue all over her fb, trying to find sympathy from her friends and family because of the way I acted towards her. At the moment I am not allowing her to see my daughter. I don't know if I'm making the right decision or not. I just feel like if she will blatantly disrespect me to my face and do something after my asking her not to while I'm at her house, what is she doing with my child behind my back when I'm not there?!
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Hottmama gave you some good advice.  Ask your boyfriend to talk with his mother about it.

EliasMomma
by on May. 9, 2014 at 2:46 PM
3 moms liked this
You are NOT overreacting! She would have been lucky if I didn't punch her in the face. Good for you, stand your ground as that baby's mother!
bothsidesofcoin
by on May. 9, 2014 at 2:48 PM
3 moms liked this
3 months old is WAY too young for banana pudding and provides no nutritional benefit to your baby. She sounds like a heifer
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2014 at 11:13 AM

I wouldn't want my baby having pudding either. All the chemicals in that! Crazy! Talk to the boyfriend.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

Texan35
by New Member on May. 12, 2014 at 12:21 AM

I agree, Hottmomma has really good advice!  I don't think it's unreasonable for her to respect your wishes for your own child. 

When my daughter was one month old, my (now former) step-dad tried to feed her a dessert that had pecans in it.  ONE month old.  Granted, he'd never had children of his own (and he was actually fairly young, but that's a whole other Jerry Springer show), but come ON.  It was pretty obvious she didn't have teeth, for crying out loud. 

AnotherKim
by on May. 12, 2014 at 12:36 AM

You're doing the right thing. Ignore her FB bullshit, and stay away for a while. If you must visit her, don't let the baby out of your sight. Tell her that this is your baby and she needs to respect your parental decisions or she won't see he baby again.

gcstar42
by Shara on May. 12, 2014 at 12:40 AM
I agree a baby that young does not need banana pudding, but now I am curious as to what chemicals could be in it?

Quoting LancesMom:

I wouldn't want my baby having pudding either. All the chemicals in that! Crazy! Talk to the boyfriend.

booaura
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2014 at 12:42 AM
First of all, no 3 month old needs anything but formula or breastmilk and feeding her anything else can be dangerous. Tell her to shove it, don't leave your child with her, and ignore her rants.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
booaura
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2014 at 12:43 AM
Depends on what kind of pudding it is, but if it's anything but homemade from scratch, it'll be full of artifical colors and falvors and preservatives.

Quoting gcstar42: I agree a baby that young does not need banana pudding, but now I am curious as to what chemicals could be in it?

Quoting LancesMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN