Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you use cursive at all?

Posted by on May. 9, 2014 at 11:20 PM
  • 123 Replies

I was talking with some friends who say they only print, even when signing their names. I've heard that some schools are  no longer teaching cursive.

What do you feel about using and learning cursive writing?

by on May. 9, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sharonrena
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2014 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I still use some cursive, but not much.  My 3rd grader can write better cursive than my 5th grader.  It is still being taught here in our city.  I really don't see that it is necessary to learn. 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2014 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it is still a valuable skill to learn.  I use it quite often but especially for signatures.  The modern printing is very similar to the cursive I learned growing up.

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2014 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Every time i write I use cursive. Allots to show my kids people still use it they have ti learn it eventually.
mychinababy
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2014 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
All the time.
.Skittles.
by on May. 10, 2014 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this

My oldest is learning how to use cursive at school now. I still use cursive mostly. Well, it's print, cursive combine lol

RKL10
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I use most cursive some letters I'll print/ cursive to me it's faster if I'm taking notes I don't have to lift my pen lol I always wondered why my mom wrote in cursive growing up and now I know lol
christina122952
by on May. 10, 2014 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope
4squadmama89
by New Member on May. 10, 2014 at 2:17 AM
2 moms liked this

I feel it needs to be taught, say someone is writing in cursive and you dont know how to read it, your gonna feel like a fool..it's just getting lazy if you ask me,  before you know it, nobody is going to be writing.. I use it when I sign, or write letters..

SilverFire85
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this
It's my preferred method of writing. My printing looks like shit. I'll be making sure my kids know cursive, too.
AustinRonMommy
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 2:24 AM
Only when signing something. My cursive is atrocious, so I don't just write in cursive.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)