Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

sex Education

Posted by on May. 10, 2014 at 8:23 AM
  • 6 Replies
When do you think is the best time ( age ) to introduce sex education to our kids? Most parents shy away from it. Who needs to be educated more, the boy or the girl?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 10, 2014 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
booaura
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2014 at 8:35 AM
It should be a constant discussion, not just a single one. Also, gender does not make a difference, both sexes need to be education equally and completely.
terpmama
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2014 at 8:39 AM
I start when they start askin questions... Age appropriate. My five year old understands Breastfeeding and where milk comes from and why (I also have an infant... The convo was sparked when I was pumping for a bottle for grandma).

Both need equal information and both should be taught about both sexes
Reina13
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2014 at 11:46 AM

It should be an on going discussion for both boys and girls beginning when they are young. The conversations should be age appropriate of course.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Both boys and girls need to be educated.  I'd just start out by answering any questions that they have in an age appropriate manner.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Quoting booaura: It should be a constant discussion, not just a single one. Also, gender does not make a difference, both sexes need to be education equally and completely.

Totally agree. Constant discussion in age appropriate terms!

**Chat with us ANONYMOUSLY!**

ame19
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Probably before school starts to talk about or around that time. When I was growing up we had to take a sex ed class for like a week or 2 and it was in the 7th grade. I know some schools do it a lot younger and some may do it a little older.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN