Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Fact or fiction

Posted by on May. 10, 2014 at 3:48 PM
  • 10 Replies

You do not have to use protection while on your period because you can not get pregnant?  Comment on why you voted the way you did.  Sorry cafe mom is not letting me add a poll.

SO WITH SOMEOF THE REPLIES I AM GETTING HERE IS ANOTHER QUESTION.  DID ANY OF YOU GET PREGNANT SO CLOSE TO YOUR PERIOD THAT YOU HAD ONE MORE CYCLE THEN FOUND OUT YOU WERE PREGGO?

by on May. 10, 2014 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkfairy0206
by on May. 10, 2014 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Well in my case fiction. I got pregnant with my 2nd while I had my period!
seaturtle1
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:52 PM

oops

Quoting pinkfairy0206: Well in my case fiction. I got pregnant with my 2nd while I had my period!

bowribbonmama
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

While it's rare to ovulate while on your period it can happen. If you don't want to get pregnant you should know your body and/or use protection.

bakerytreatz16
by on May. 10, 2014 at 3:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Same here. My conception date with dd2 fell smack in the middle of my period

Quoting pinkfairy0206: Well in my case fiction. I got pregnant with my 2nd while I had my period!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkfairy0206
by on May. 10, 2014 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Definitely not an oops. We weren't using protection and I wasn't on birth control. If it happened it happened. Each one lf kids is a blessing

Quoting seaturtle1:

oops

seaturtle1
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:57 PM

These are some interesting replies.  You were always taught you get pregnant around ovulation.  And that it is impossible to get prego while on your cycle.  I am no dummy and know any thing can happen.

seaturtle1
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Sounds like it is more commnon these days than rare.  Thanks for the reply.  Just an off the wall question I thought I might ask and see the answers I get.

Quoting bowribbonmama:

While it's rare to ovulate while on your period it can happen. If you don't want to get pregnant you should know your body and/or use protection.

seaturtle1
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:08 PM

bump

seaturtle1
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 12:08 PM

bump

seaturtle1
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 5:09 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)