Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I shouldn't feel this way on Mothers Day. But I do

Posted by on May. 11, 2014 at 10:12 AM
  • 12 Replies

I feel like no one cares about me on Mothers Day.  No I don't expect a gift.   I can see our son forgetting me today.  He always forgets me on holidays.  Like I said it's not about a gift.   All I want  is for him to say I love you,  Happy Mothers Day or if it was my birthday. Happy Birthday.   Our son promised me almost a week and a half ago.  He'd take me to this place for a Bloody Mary.  That I been wanting to go to. We hadn't talked since that time.   I'm sure he'll forget.  What gets me. Dh makes all these excuses of why our son forgets.  I said there is no excuse to forget your parents on a holiday.  I'd be happy with a phone call saying Happy Mothers Day, Thanks for being my mom.   I left our son a text message this morning. Asking if we were going out later.   Only sending him the text, to tell him dh and I are going to church first.  If he's not taking me out.  Then it lets me know. Dh and I can do something else for lunch or dinner.  He still has yet to get back to me.  I knew our son was out yesterday all day.  He might be sleeping in.  I'll attempt to call him before we leave for church. To see what is up for today.  I don't want him trying to call  me during church.  I will not have the ringer on the cell phone on. 

by on May. 11, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2014 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry he's not more thoughtful. I wouldn't have texted him though. If he tries to call during church, you can reply afterward. If he knows you'll reach out to him, there's no reason for him to make the communication first. Make your plans without him and if he remembers, great, move your plans around and meet up with him if you can but I wouldn't put my plans on hold for him. I hope you have a great day!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on May. 11, 2014 at 12:11 PM
:(
Happy Mother's day.
ljmom24
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 1:23 PM
Happy Mother's Day. My kids are too young to do things and dh isn't good with this stuff. Had low expectations for today but still I bought and marinated my own Mother's Day dinner. Made my own breakfast and the kids and I went grocery shopping (my choice) so I decided to get my own flowers and a cake. I mean I didn't even get a card. I got a gift but that's another vent. After 21 years he really doesn't know me :(
pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2014 at 3:45 PM

I called our son to see what is up.  He said yes we're going.  I  told him.  If you changed your mind.  Your father and I are going out on our own.   He says he'd be over between 3 and 4pm.  Ok. Then going to Walmart after church for some things I need. 

Quoting ljmom24: Happy Mother's Day. My kids are too young to do things and dh isn't good with this stuff. Had low expectations for today but still I bought and marinated my own Mother's Day dinner. Made my own breakfast and the kids and I went grocery shopping (my choice) so I decided to get my own flowers and a cake. I mean I didn't even get a card. I got a gift but that's another vent. After 21 years he really doesn't know me :(

KawaiiKitten
by on May. 11, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Sorry sounds like a rough day. :(

My son is not old enough to really worry about mothers day yet.
Mary1953
by on May. 11, 2014 at 7:09 PM
I'm sorry,. Holidays are hard for me too. I am 61 years old and live near my daughter for the past 7 years. She begged me to leave my home in NJ and come to Texas to help her raise her children. I watch , now 3 of her kids ( 11,7 and 9 months old) 60 hours a week and she pays for an apartment in a Senior complex for me. Anyway, she hasn't spoken to me in 60 days now and things have been pretty uncomfortable since before Christmas. I keep hoping things will change especially on Mother's Day. Of course not even a text from her today. I keep bursting out in tears all day wondering how much longer this will go on. It breaks my heart.
pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2014 at 7:16 PM

This is what I had for Mothers Day. Our son did take me out. That is our son James.

Quoting pinkcoffeecup:

I feel like no one cares about me on Mothers Day.  No I don't expect a gift.   I can see our son forgetting me today.  He always forgets me on holidays.  Like I said it's not about a gift.   All I want  is for him to say I love you,  Happy Mothers Day or if it was my birthday. Happy Birthday.   Our son promised me almost a week and a half ago.  He'd take me to this place for a Bloody Mary.  That I been wanting to go to. We hadn't talked since that time.   I'm sure he'll forget.  What gets me. Dh makes all these excuses of why our son forgets.  I said there is no excuse to forget your parents on a holiday.  I'd be happy with a phone call saying Happy Mothers Day, Thanks for being my mom.   I left our son a text message this morning. Asking if we were going out later.   Only sending him the text, to tell him dh and I are going to church first.  If he's not taking me out.  Then it lets me know. Dh and I can do something else for lunch or dinner.  He still has yet to get back to me.  I knew our son was out yesterday all day.  He might be sleeping in.  I'll attempt to call him before we leave for church. To see what is up for today.  I don't want him trying to call  me during church.  I will not have the ringer on the cell phone on. 

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2014 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Our son talked to me.  Said he's been under incredible stress lately.  Well his job mainly.  He said he's sorry for not calling me more.  He forgot the gift card he got me.   It's sitting on his desk at home.  I said he didn't have to buy me nothing.  I just wanted to be remembered with an I Love You. 

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2014 at 7:31 PM

I just wish my son was still here to wish me a happy mother's day, or just say hello. He drowned 9 years ago, and my oldest daughter died 2 years ago. I have one child left, and she only calls when she wants money. The two I lost were the only ones who really cared about me. Hard day for me, too.

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2014 at 7:35 PM

How sad.  Sorry about the deceased kids.  This must be hard on you for Mothers Day.

hugs

Quoting elasmimi:

I just wish my son was still here to wish me a happy mother's day, or just say hello. He drowned 9 years ago, and my oldest daughter died 2 years ago. I have one child left, and she only calls when she wants money. The two I lost were the only ones who really cared about me. Hard day for me, too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN