Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Potty training

Posted by on May. 11, 2014 at 11:28 PM
  • 9 Replies
Any body have any tips on potty training a 2 year old girl? She's scared of the toilet and thinks the potty chair is a toy. I bought her a seat to fit in the toilet but she is still scared.
by on May. 11, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on May. 12, 2014 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this
It's been awhile since I potty trained but just take it slow, let her get use to the big toilet. It'll happen.

Quoting Aprilwatts: Any body have any tips on potty training a 2 year old girl? She's scared of the toilet and thinks the potty chair is a toy. I bought her a seat to fit in the toilet but she is still scared.
funhappymom
by on May. 12, 2014 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

If she's scared, I would give it some time. Talk up how great going potty is. Take her when you go, find some books about potty training for little ones. There are several out there. There are also some videos out there that help little ones with potty training. I know Elmo had one and I'm pretty sure I've seen other ones.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Welcome to CafeMom and good luck! Each kid is different. Check out this post in The Toddlers group:

Click here for Toddler Tips: Potty Training, Discipline, Picky Eaters....

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2014 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

My niece was afraid of the toilet too, but outgrew it.  

At 2, she may just not be ready.  I'd take her in whenever you go, just so she starts to really get the idea & hopefully get over her fears.

MichelleF2324
by New Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:11 PM

I am working on kiddo #6 with potty training and honestly if she isn't "ready" please don't force her!!  My 2 oldest were ready to go by 2, my ss wasn't until he was almost 4, my daughter was off and on depending on her mood and my last one, who I am currently potty training, has been the most.....challenging!  He will do GREAT for 2 or 3 weeks and then back into diapers he goes, I haven't figured out why, but we are going at his pace, not mine.  There has never been a 1st grader who was in diapers, I promise! 

Aprilwatts
by on May. 12, 2014 at 11:30 PM
I would never forse her. This is my first and I'm really lost she goes in there every time I use the rest room and ask me if I'm going potty. I'm not sure what age I'm suppose to try and potty train. She will sit on it for a few seconds then get off and tell me she wants her diaper on. Just trying to get tip on how to potty train.
Bonneata
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2014 at 12:01 AM

I am haveing the same issue only my son refuses to go until gets a diaper on. He has been doing this for months. I am as confused as you are.

Quoting Aprilwatts: I would never forse her. This is my first and I'm really lost she goes in there every time I use the rest room and ask me if I'm going potty. I'm not sure what age I'm suppose to try and potty train. She will sit on it for a few seconds then get off and tell me she wants her diaper on. Just trying to get tip on how to potty train.

sometimesred
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 1:09 AM

Does she watch mommy go on the pottie?  That is what convinced my DD to give it a try.

ashleyL950
by on May. 13, 2014 at 7:21 AM
The way I knew my son was read was he would take off his diaper and he would go running to the potty. So we had gotten him a seat and he won't go to the potty unless u keep him naked. So we have been sitting in the kitchen since it isn't carpeted with some toys and ever bout twenty minutes I will sit him on it. We just started yesterday and he is almost two. Maybe like the others had said just take her with you to the potty maybe set her favorite toy on the potty seat so she knows it won't hurt her and let her just kinda play with the potty seat so she knows what it is exactly and knows there is nothing to be afraid of. Hope everything works out :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN