Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

talk about government sticking their noses in where it isn't needed!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

It is illegal to serve alcohol to a moose in Fairbanks, Alaska. why does that even need to be a law....who would even try that?

I am a bit of a collector of useless trivia... who has some tidbits for me?

by on May. 12, 2014 at 2:55 AM
Replies (31-40):
mewebb82
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2014 at 9:40 PM

In Vermont, it is illegal to whistle under water.......there is a sign posted at the lake near my uncles house. Lol

In Round Rock, TX it is legal to "shoot an Indian on a bridge." Both politically incorrect and I'm pretty sure you would still get charged with murder. Lol

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2014 at 1:01 AM
I don't know all of it but there is a legend that a whale swam through an underground passage and came up in the salt lake.

Quoting EWJensen: Ya I know right. I have never heard the legend.

Quoting ditsyjo: As if there are whales there... Though there is a legend that might explain it

Quoting EWJensen: In Utah it is illegal to hunt whale.
MarriedMyPrince
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 1:05 AM
It's illegal in Virginia to have 49 people in your house at one time. Wtf! Seriously in your own house, that you own.
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2014 at 1:14 AM
Weird

Quoting MarriedMyPrince: It's illegal in Virginia to have 49 people in your house at one time. Wtf! Seriously in your own house, that you own.
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2014 at 1:19 AM
Yeah I'm sure you would ... What I wonder is why the bridge matters

Quoting mewebb82:

In Vermont, it is illegal to whistle under water.......there is a sign posted at the lake near my uncles house. Lol

In Round Rock, TX it is legal to "shoot an Indian on a bridge." Both politically incorrect and I'm pretty sure you would still get charged with murder. Lol

okpondlady
by on May. 15, 2014 at 1:41 AM

Wow in Oklahoma we call that "Noodling" and people do it all the time!!!!!!

Quoting jesusismyfriend:

Dumb laws for pa:

It is illegal to have over 16 women live in a house together because that constitutes a brothel.
Motorized vehicles are not to be sold on Sundays.
It it illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors.
You may not catch a fish with your hands.
Any motorist driving along a country road at night must stop every mile and send up a rocket signal, wait 10 minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock, andcontinue.
You may not catch a fish by any body part except the mouth.
A special cleaning ordinance bans housewives from hiding dirt and dust under a rug in a dwelling.
Dynamite is not to be used to catch fish.
You may not sing in the bathtub.
Though you do not need a fishing license to fish on your own land, but a hunting license is required to hunt on your own land.
Fireworks stores may not sell fireworks to Pennsylvania residents.
A person is not eligible to become Governor if he/she has participated in a duel.
Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his car with a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass.
Ministers are forbidden from performing marriages when either the bride or groom is drunk.
No more than two packages of beer at a time may be purchased, unless you are buying from an official “beer distributor”.
It is contrary to Pennsylvania law to discharge a gun, cannon, revolver or other explosive weapon at a wedding.

TANSTAAFL- There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

bannannagirl
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2014 at 1:42 AM
COLORADO:

One may not mutilate a rock in a state park.

It is illegal for liquor stores to sell food or grocery stores to sell any alcohol except beer that is at most 3. (I wonder if this was a typo or if the law is this confusing.)

No liquor may be sold on Sundays or election days. Repealed 2008: Colorado residents can now buy alcohol on Sundays.

It is illegal to ride a horse while under the influence.

Tags may be ripped off of pillows and mattresses.

Car dealers may not show cars on a Sunday.

bannannagirl
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2014 at 1:46 AM
Alamosa Colorado

Keeping a house where unmarried persons are allowed to have sex is prohibited.

To own a dog over 3 months of age, one must obtain a license.

Persons may not urinate in public.

Throwing missles at cars is illegal.
bannannagirl
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2014 at 1:48 AM
Arvada Colorado:

Establishments which sell alcohol must have enough lighting to read text inside them.

Aspen Colorado:

Catapults may not be fired at buildings.
bannannagirl
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2014 at 1:51 AM
Boulder Colorado:

It is illegal to permit ones llama to graze on city property.

Boulders may not be rolled on city property.

Couches may not be placed on outside porches.

It is legal to challenge a police officer, but only until he or she asks you to stop.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)