Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

For your children?

For yourself, if you are in school?

by on May. 12, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Replies (41-50):
mikesmom65270
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 12:04 AM

May 23 here, although I no longer have kids in school nor am I in school.  I do work as a sub for the public schools in my town.

themomof3boys
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2014 at 6:41 AM
June 18 for my kids and June 20 for me...then on vacation!!!
Karmahappens
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Should have been June 13-changed to June 19 because of snow days (over the 3 they plan into the schedule)

RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on May. 14, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Three weeks!!!!!!

We homeschool, and typically school year round. However, I am currently pregnant and this year has just been LONG, so we are taking two months off. I think I am more excited than my kids are,lol.

Addicted2U4ever
by New Member on May. 14, 2014 at 4:34 PM
May 20th for my ds pre-k 4 and for my dd may 26th . I begin school in august but will go straight through summer next year also.
jrfan4evermom
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2014 at 9:43 PM
Where are you from that you have to make up so many days? I live in northern MI and we were lucky that we didn't have to make any up in our school district so my kids get out June 6. But my husband is transportation supervisor for a school district and they have to make up 3 days so he won't be done until the 11th

Quoting coolmommy2x: June 20th...lots of snow days to make up this year.
maryBlanche
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:27 PM

I think it is June 12th here.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2014 at 6:28 AM
Near Philadelphia. We get snow but never like we did this year. We're not equipped to handle it.

Quoting jrfan4evermom: Where are you from that you have to make up so many days? I live in northern MI and we were lucky that we didn't have to make any up in our school district so my kids get out June 6. But my husband is transportation supervisor for a school district and they have to make up 3 days so he won't be done until the 11th

Quoting coolmommy2x: June 20th...lots of snow days to make up this year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katfeemom
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Do you have an education above junior high? I thought that it was 'home school'. Two separate words.  Not 'homeschool' as you had written. 

(I know that this will probably get me blasted but...) I'm kind of offended at your inability to spell and use of incorrect grammar use, and yet you choose to home school?  And you're going to turn out your kids in to the world?

Hey! Have at it.  My kids will have no problem surpassing your kids in the job market economy as they grow older and search for jobs.

Quoting phoenix7:

never...i homeschool so my kids ususally work year round...thier choice and mine

smgremminger
by Member on May. 16, 2014 at 8:00 AM
June 10
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)