Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Potty training nightmare

Posted by on May. 13, 2014 at 7:34 AM
  • 7 Replies

Mobile Photo

My beautiful almost 4year old son and I are having potty training problems. I feel like I've tried every trick in the book, yet nothing works. I am clueless and need advice. #workingMommyOf5
by on May. 13, 2014 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
funhappymom
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Can you give us more info? What isn't working? Is he just not going at all? Having accidents often?

jconney80
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2014 at 10:38 AM
Welcome to the group! Have you tried taking diapers away during the day completely? It is a lot of work but sometimes the best way for them to learn.
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Hi! Welcome! You should check out this post in the Toddlers group!

Click here for Toddler Tips: Potty Training, Discipline, Picky Eaters....

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2014 at 11:24 AM
My boys was easiest to potty train. Have you tried letting him pee outside in your backyard? Sinking cherrios in the toilet worked wonders to. With boys it needs to be a game and consistent. Good luck hope it happens soon!!!
chaotic.mind
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Let him do it when he's ready and believe me, he will.
Ask him every half hour if he wants to try. If he does, great and if not, ask in another half hour.
stacie_joey
by New Member on May. 13, 2014 at 5:15 PM
I have potty trained a million kids being a pre school teacher. Good news is lil boys usually arent fully trained till a lil after 4. Start w every 15 mins going potty. Give lots of liquids. After he goes a few times and starts getting the hang of it go every 30 mins. Do not give him treats just praise him or what game he likes play it. But tons of praise. Treats create bribery so u screw ur self pretty much. And not to mention teach him a bad habit of only doing what u want gor a treat. Good luck.

Quoting MommaGlidewell:

Mobile Photo

My beautiful almost 4year old son and I are having potty training problems. I feel like I've tried every trick in the book, yet nothing works. I am clueless and need advice. #workingMommyOf5
ame19
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 8:21 PM

My son is almost 3 and his issue is peeing. I haven't changed a stinky pull up for almost a year though which is nice. Sometimes he'll tell me and sometimes he won't. I even tried being consistent, pointing a objects in the toilet, etc., but this Summer I will throw him in a paper of underwear and let him run around outside. So hopefully this rain stops and it gets warmer since we're under a cool spell and we can do it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)