Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How did you pick your babies name?

Posted by on May. 13, 2014 at 11:15 PM
  • 28 Replies

How did you pick your babies name? When I was pregnant with my daughter..my youngest brother (he was 6) I was 20 when I got pregnant and 21 when I delivered. Anyways my little brother was absolutely OBSESSED with the name Charlie.. He begged and begged me to name my baby Charlie I wasn't fond of the name but decided to name her Charlotte and let him call her Charlie. He has never once called her Charlie LOL I am glad I chose Charlotte!

by on May. 13, 2014 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2014 at 12:56 AM

well his side of the familyare religious and wanted Biblical names but my family arent as religious, so we chose his other family tradition of giving the kids the parents' initials.  Our first has his initials and our second has my initials.  We still cannot figoure out an idea for our third but I am trying to give them our Mothers' first name initials.

charlismomma87
by on May. 14, 2014 at 1:12 AM

Quoting MixedCooke:

well his side of the familyare religious and wanted Biblical names but my family arent as religious, so we chose his other family tradition of giving the kids the parents' initials.  Our first has his initials and our second has my initials.  We still cannot figoure out an idea for our third but I am trying to give them our Mothers' first name initials.

Thats really cool :-)

Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2014 at 1:21 AM
My oldests I dreamed about years before he was born, his name is Caleb. Anthony is his dad's middle name and Dylan for my brother so his full name is Caleb Anthony Dylan.

My youngests took a lot more time and we had to go through a bunch of names. I watched the davinci code one day and fell in love with the way they said her name, which is Sophia but goes by Sophie. Nicole for my sister and Rose because I was a crazy pregnant woman who decided she needed a "hippier" middle name. It was also her great aunts name so it worked out. Sadly, great aunt Rose passed last summer but was always happy we named her Rose.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funhappymom
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2014 at 7:03 AM

They were all names that we liked.

**Post ANONYMOUSLY on Mom Confessions!**

Ineedaprayer
by New Member on May. 14, 2014 at 7:10 AM
If we have a boy we are naming him after a UFC fighter. Just loved the way the name flowed with our last name.
rockchickmom
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 8:16 AM

I used to watch a show called Sliders, one of the characters was Rembrandt Brown. And I LOVED it. I was late teens early 20's and I choice that name for my first son. My first and only son/child was born last year when i was 41. He's now 10months old and he is Rembrandt Grayson. Not one single name changed my mind in 20yrs. If he had been a girl it would have been Mackiah Sage. But I wanted a boy, and I got my miracle boy. He get's called Remy as well as Rembrandt. My partner was impressed with it at first but I wasn't changing my mind, I carried my son, i went through gestationaly diabetes, I had a c section i went through the complications and almost died having him... I would be 99.9% main carer my name was it. He helped me choose Grayson as a middle name. I wanted Galen but he thought it was too girlie, and we added my last name and his last name hyphenated. So it's a looooooong name. I don't regret it for a second. 

2010dj
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

i was 20 when i got pregnant with my son and delivered at 21. my husband had his "rules" stick with his family tradition of an English name and the middle name Edward he wanted a decent amount of letters in his name as well. so we went with Nathan which was an easy decision cause i loved the meaning "a gift" he truly was and i had the freedom of naming any girls which we had 3 years later. When we decided to have our second child we hoped so much for a girl and we were lucky i named her Nicole "peoples victory" middle name Arabella "answered prayer". so as you can see meanings were a huge part of my decision.

kellybean44
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2014 at 2:50 PM

I found names that I liked and ran them by my husband. Of course he shot a million names down before we ended up with our 3 daughters names.

bothsidesofcoin
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Baby name book and the meanings behind the names.
charlismomma87
by on May. 14, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Quoting rockchickmom:

I used to watch a show called Sliders, one of the characters was Rembrandt Brown. And I LOVED it. I was late teens early 20's and I choice that name for my first son. My first and only son/child was born last year when i was 41. He's now 10months old and he is Rembrandt Grayson. Not one single name changed my mind in 20yrs. If he had been a girl it would have been Mackiah Sage. But I wanted a boy, and I got my miracle boy. He get's called Remy as well as Rembrandt. My partner was impressed with it at first but I wasn't changing my mind, I carried my son, i went through gestationaly diabetes, I had a c section i went through the complications and almost died having him... I would be 99.9% main carer my name was it. He helped me choose Grayson as a middle name. I wanted Galen but he thought it was too girlie, and we added my last name and his last name hyphenated. So it's a looooooong name. I don't regret it for a second.

Well congrats on your baby boy! He's adorable and i love his name!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)