Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

does my size affect my childs life

Posted by on May. 14, 2014 at 2:16 AM
  • 24 Replies
I'm worried that at 245lbs is the reason I can't seem to get my life in order. I don't have any real plans when I wake up there is no set routine for me or my 2.5 year old. I don't know how to get started. I'm I lazy all my life I've worked and worked hard now that I'm a sham for the last few years I feel like my body is on vacation. Should I start a routine what should I do
by on May. 14, 2014 at 2:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2014 at 3:46 AM
2 moms liked this
Sounds like your weight is more a symptom than a cause. Get your life together. Yes, you being obese can cause problems for your child, from you not being able to keep up with an active toddler, to your child being obese as well or growing up accepting obesity as normal.

Have you ever been treated for depression? Though honestly, it sounds more like laziness. Figure out a routine. Write it down, stick to it. Get up, make (a healthy!) breakfast, clean up, go for a walk with your child, go to the park, make a healthy lunch, read to your child, do a craft, when child naps work out. Get a work out DVD and do it, even if you don't do it as intensly, just do it and work your way up. Watch your diet. Go back to work a few days a week if you need to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CaliUnicorn
by on May. 14, 2014 at 3:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Get motivated. It will certainly affect your child's life in more ways than one.

I just found out I am pregnant again and am over the weight I would like to be to start a pregnancy. So I am starting out by walking 2 miles a day (I worked up to that) and doing stair reps. Anything but sedentary. You have to take control of your life, for you and your child. 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 14, 2014 at 4:34 AM
1 mom liked this

TG it is spring/summer which means nice weather for most of our hemisphere so you can turn a new leaf to have a healthier, more active life.   I would start a routine from getting up, meals, snacks, activities, etc.  The child will love to be more active and hopefully love to try new foods.

Johlsh
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 4:37 AM
Sounds like my life to a T...
MixedCooke
by on May. 14, 2014 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
You sound depressed as well! St. John's Wort will help with that. Your weight needs to be worked on, you got a stroller? Morning walks and make it a learning experience for the baby-point out colors, weather, shapes, insects, gather flowers, sing learning songs, get a stroller fan, bring water and a snack. Food-wise-think whole foods and not processed. Reducing your overall carb intake will help the weight drop faster. Be your kid's role model. You want to live to see them get married and meet your grand kids right??
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Could not have said it better myself.

Quoting booaura: Sounds like your weight is more a symptom than a cause. Get your life together. Yes, you being obese can cause problems for your child, from you not being able to keep up with an active toddler, to your child being obese as well or growing up accepting obesity as normal. Have you ever been treated for depression? Though honestly, it sounds more like laziness. Figure out a routine. Write it down, stick to it. Get up, make (a healthy!) breakfast, clean up, go for a walk with your child, go to the park, make a healthy lunch, read to your child, do a craft, when child naps work out. Get a work out DVD and do it, even if you don't do it as intensly, just do it and work your way up. Watch your diet. Go back to work a few days a week if you need to.

3gr8tKids
by on May. 14, 2014 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

walk walk walk.. put her in a stroller and walk all over the place. 

Hottmomma607
by Trica on May. 14, 2014 at 11:29 AM
2 moms liked this
Make small changes in your life and diet! Just be active,it helps out. ((Hugs))
1stressedcookie
by on May. 14, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Thank for all of the advice. I do have PCOS which makes it harder. I'm looking into a few things to help me get started.
polkaspots
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not your weight, it's your attitude. Wake up and make a plan. Have a healthy breakfast, make and pack some snacks and go out. Explore your neighborhood, go to a park.
Getting motivated is the hardest part, but once you get into the habit of doing things everyday it gets easier. You start looking forward to the next day. Depending on what you're doing now there are different things you can do. I walk every morning and do my little routine of exercises twice a day. Healthy, small meals will help you get in better shape. My current phase is tortillas. I recently started making tortillas and I'm eating at least two meals a day in a tortilla. For me that's a good portion size. Hummus, black beans and some leftover veggies chopped up real small. It's a filling meal.
I'm sorry for rambling. I had depression after all three of my children were born because I was stuck inside and felt trapped. I had eating problems (I wouldn't eat all day and then I'd eat junk food all night) Just getting out of the house every day made my life so much easier to deal with. Planning the next day is always something I look forward to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN