Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

before marriage

Posted by on May. 14, 2014 at 8:46 PM
  • 5 Replies
Why is it things seem ao much better before marriage?? Not just one thing but everything. Before hubby n I got married, we would sneak around. Not cuz we had to but because it was exciting, it was something new typw of thing. How bout you did things change? Im thinking about bringing it up to my hubby. I want to put some fun back into our lives. Now it seems like its to uptight. We used to do water fights n game nights. All kinds of things. Definitely want that back.
by on May. 14, 2014 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Bmat
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Set a firm night aside for game nights. :)  Something I found helpful was to go away once a month or so, for a weekend, to a B&B- someplace within an easy drive. We would let loose, relax, enjoy. At home there are always things that must be done. Get away and enjoy. Even for a day trip. Good luck!

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Ive tried several times. No sitter and he is such a home body when we do, do a date night. We go to dinner in our town n home with in the hour. We have a 17yr old dd whom we cant trust which is why we sont leave :(

Quoting Bmat:

Set a firm night aside for game nights. :)  Something I found helpful was to go away once a month or so, for a weekend, to a B&B- someplace within an easy drive. We would let loose, relax, enjoy. At home there are always things that must be done. Get away and enjoy. Even for a day trip. Good luck!

jconney80
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:00 PM

We didn't live together before we were married. We did get to do a lot more date nights though back then! I had my oldest daughter when we met and she was 4 so I didn't really get to experience the whole "before we were married and kids" thing with my hubby. We are definitely way more uptight now though because we have 3 kids with special needs. You can't really just be flexible with them. But we are making it a point to actually have more fun now and plan fun social things. I miss having a game and card game night! Do you like playing cards? Maybe invite friends over for card night?

SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't relate. I feel that our relationship just keeps getting better and better. You have to set aside alone time. That's key

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:17 PM
Yes I do like playing cards. Im the social butterfly of our relationship, he could care less lol. Good idea tho. We also have 2 kids with special needs which also makes it harder.

Quoting jconney80:

We didn't live together before we were married. We did get to do a lot more date nights though back then! I had my oldest daughter when we met and she was 4 so I didn't really get to experience the whole "before we were married and kids" thing with my hubby. We are definitely way more uptight now though because we have 3 kids with special needs. You can't really just be flexible with them. But we are making it a point to actually have more fun now and plan fun social things. I miss having a game and card game night! Do you like playing cards? Maybe invite friends over for card night?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)