Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here...(May 17th)

Posted by on May. 17, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 69 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on May. 17, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Be-AUTISM-Aware
by New Member on May. 17, 2014 at 4:20 AM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Hi, I'm Becca. I was born, raised, and currently live in Anchorage, AK. My family is planning to move to Pennsylvania next year though, so our oldest can attend a good school for kids on the autism spectrum. I have three boys. My oldest just turned 5, the next turns 4 next month, and the youngest is 7 months.
The only time I get to myself is spent showering, but I plan on making more time for myself when my husband is off! I love to bike, so I will be going on quick solo rides! Woohoo! It's not that my hubby doesn't want me to have solo time. It just that my oldest, on the autism spectrum, needs a lot of supervision. The middle boy is also not an easy kid by normal standards. But we can't figure out if he is autistic or just mimicking his older brother and acting out because he is stressed by him. My hubby and I are trying to figure out how to start making "me time" for both of us.
Right now, I'm excited to have my hubby home in a few hours. He got new locks for our doors, and maybe I will sleep for longer than 20 minutes without waking up and checking to make sure my 5 year old is not sneaking out. He has gotten as far as getting out the door many times in the past few weeks. I catch him quickly. There is a lake by our house, and he wants to go swim in it. :( My eyes are always red from exhaustion, and I feel terrible overall, but there is a glimmer of hope tonight! New locks!!
Are there any other moms with kids on the spectrum who know these feelings?
Xo_erica_xox
by New Member on May. 17, 2014 at 5:07 AM
3 moms liked this
Hello my name is Erica and I'm 23 years old. I'm a proud mommy to a girl and boy❤️ I'm from California. Would like to interact with other mom's :)
aariyah07
by New Member on May. 17, 2014 at 5:36 AM
3 moms liked this
Hi I'm Laura.my kids are my world..one ands half and six years old.I work full-time and in online college going for my business degree. I stress and worry way to much and for good reasons do not talk to most people I used to know cuz were just not on the same page and so I saw this on fb and sounded interesting so signed up.hello everyone
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:17 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Becca,
That must be hard for you with the lack of sleep.  Hopefully the new locks will help.
Here is another group you may find helpful.  Love the pic!

Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Be-AUTISM-Aware:

Mobile Photo

Hi, I'm Becca. I was born, raised, and currently live in Anchorage, AK. My family is planning to move to Pennsylvania next year though, so our oldest can attend a good school for kids on the autism spectrum. I have three boys. My oldest just turned 5, the next turns 4 next month, and the youngest is 7 months. The only time I get to myself is spent showering, but I plan on making more time for myself when my husband is off! I love to bike, so I will be going on quick solo rides! Woohoo! It's not that my hubby doesn't want me to have solo time. It just that my oldest, on the autism spectrum, needs a lot of supervision. The middle boy is also not an easy kid by normal standards. But we can't figure out if he is autistic or just mimicking his older brother and acting out because he is stressed by him. My hubby and I are trying to figure out how to start making "me time" for both of us. Right now, I'm excited to have my hubby home in a few hours. He got new locks for our doors, and maybe I will sleep for longer than 20 minutes without waking up and checking to make sure my 5 year old is not sneaking out. He has gotten as far as getting out the door many times in the past few weeks. I catch him quickly. There is a lake by our house, and he wants to go swim in it. :( My eyes are always red from exhaustion, and I feel terrible overall, but there is a glimmer of hope tonight! New locks!! Are there any other moms with kids on the spectrum who know these feelings?

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2014 at 9:15 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Erica,
How old are your kids?  Where in CA are you?  nice to meet you :)

Quoting Xo_erica_xox: Hello my name is Erica and I'm 23 years old. I'm a proud mommy to a girl and boy❤️ I'm from California. Would like to interact with other mom's :)

Dawn56
by on May. 17, 2014 at 9:16 AM
3 moms liked this

Hi everyone,

My name is Dawn, I'm the mom of two special needs girls, 15 & 24. My youngest has Cerebral Palsy, my oldest, mental illness. It was suggested to me yesturday at the doctors office ( with my oldest daughter ) that I join a support group, so here I am. Is this the right place to be, I have no idea . I would love to hear from other Mom's who might be in a simular situation.

hugss

by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Laura,
Wherebouts do you all live?  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting aariyah07: Hi I'm Laura.my kids are my world..one ands half and six years old.I work full-time and in online college going for my business degree. I stress and worry way to much and for good reasons do not talk to most people I used to know cuz were just not on the same page and so I saw this on fb and sounded interesting so signed up.hello everyone

Bmat
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Welcome to CafeMom, Becca.  A way we avoided the children getting out was to put a throw bolt on the top of the door and frame. A 5 year old might be able to figure out how to climb up there, though.

Quoting Be-AUTISM-Aware:

Hi, I'm Becca. I was born, raised, and currently live in Anchorage, AK. My family is planning to move to Pennsylvania next year though, so our oldest can attend a good school for kids on the autism spectrum. I have three boys. My oldest just turned 5, the next turns 4 next month, and the youngest is 7 months. The only time I get to myself is spent showering, but I plan on making more time for myself when my husband is off! I love to bike, so I will be going on quick solo rides! Woohoo! It's not that my hubby doesn't want me to have solo time. It just that my oldest, on the autism spectrum, needs a lot of supervision. The middle boy is also not an easy kid by normal standards. But we can't figure out if he is autistic or just mimicking his older brother and acting out because he is stressed by him. My hubby and I are trying to figure out how to start making "me time" for both of us. Right now, I'm excited to have my hubby home in a few hours. He got new locks for our doors, and maybe I will sleep for longer than 20 minutes without waking up and checking to make sure my 5 year old is not sneaking out. He has gotten as far as getting out the door many times in the past few weeks. I catch him quickly. There is a lake by our house, and he wants to go swim in it. :( My eyes are always red from exhaustion, and I feel terrible overall, but there is a glimmer of hope tonight! New locks!! Are there any other moms with kids on the spectrum who know these feelings?

Bmat
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Hello, Erica! Welcome! CafeMom is a fun place to talk with other moms.

Quoting Xo_erica_xox: Hello my name is Erica and I'm 23 years old. I'm a proud mommy to a girl and boy❤️ I'm from California. Would like to interact with other mom's :)

Bmat
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Hi, Laura! Nice to see you here! This is a good place to talk with other moms. Good luck with your studies. :)

Quoting aariyah07: Hi I'm Laura.my kids are my world..one ands half and six years old.I work full-time and in online college going for my business degree. I stress and worry way to much and for good reasons do not talk to most people I used to know cuz were just not on the same page and so I saw this on fb and sounded interesting so signed up.hello everyone

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)