Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Forgot to play the role of toothfairy...

Posted by on May. 17, 2014 at 2:29 AM
  • 38 Replies
I forgot to put money under his pillow...ugh. I feel bad about it. He's 7 yr old. Anyways I made him an orgami heart that holds a coin with a tiny little note from the tooth fairy. I like that magic in his eyes and that innocence in believing in stuff like that. I'm just wondering how and when should I tell him that it's not real. Would appreciate any advice. Thx
by on May. 17, 2014 at 2:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2014 at 5:12 AM
2 moms liked this

I will not kill my child's innocence and wake up the cynic in them until the last possible moment.  Whats wrong with believing in magic and wonder???

bannannagirl
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2014 at 5:19 AM
1 mom liked this
He will figure it out on his own. I thought I was so smart when I figured out my Dad was the tooth fairy. Lol.
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2014 at 7:59 AM
3 moms liked this

Since you forgot this time, just let him know that the toothfairy must have been really busy last night but that you're sure she'll come tonight (then include a nice little note about it from her when you do the job tonight).

My kids pretty much figured it out on their own.  No reason to say anything this early.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2014 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I forgot once. After DS got out bed and told me the TF forgot, while he was in the bathroom, I threw a dollar under his bed and explained he must've knocked it on the floor during his sleep. At that point he was old enough to know there was no TF, I kept saying there was (more to be funny, not keep the magic going) and he said he knew it was me.

I say let kids find out about the TF, Santa, Easter Bunny on their own, don't ruin it for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2014 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this

We had just moved to another country, just got all our house hold stuff and my son of course lost his tooth. I totally forgot. Told him she must have gotten confused with all the boxes from our house stuff. She came the next night!

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2014 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Well my kids eventually got used to it.  The first couple times, the tooth fairy was very good...then she got lazy, tired, forgetful, who knows what her problem is/was.

She has forgotten for weeks before.  In fact, ds has stopped putting his teeth under his pillow.  LOL

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2014 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

well i feel like a slacker now, reading how everyone has forgotten "once".

i've forgotten several times ds is 11 and dd is 8...it was a regular occurence for awhile in our house

they never bad mouthed her though

i have remembered sometimes after dd gets in the shower and snuck it in while she's bathing, then she comes in and says, "Mom there was no money before and i got outta the shower and now there is."  I tell her she probably just didn't see it.

i have also, left the tooth with the money before if it's buried and i can't find it

it's astounding what shenanigans and stories kids will buy when they don't have anything to compare it to

-dee87-
by Member on May. 17, 2014 at 8:46 PM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Thank you all for replying. I guess I was just feeling really bad about it. I ended up making him an orgami heart that held a quarter. With a tiny little note from the tooth fairy. Needless to say the magic is still there. I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I guess it's not to big a deal but I believe in the little things. Hope all of you are well. Thanks again.
squeekers
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2014 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

DD didn't get told until years after all her baby teeth were out.

Jess4907
by Member on May. 17, 2014 at 9:01 PM
Is that hard to make?? Its cute i want to make one lol

Quoting -dee87-:

Mobile Photo

Thank you all for replying. I guess I was just feeling really bad about it. I ended up making him an orgami heart that held a quarter. With a tiny little note from the tooth fairy. Needless to say the magic is still there. I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I guess it's not to big a deal but I believe in the little things. Hope all of you are well. Thanks again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)