Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

READERS... I need book recommendations. :]

Posted by on May. 17, 2014 at 10:53 AM
  • 15 Replies

Hi guys, I love to read and can't figure out what to read next.

I love reading books like Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Divergent, etc. I love YA but I also love stories about 20 somthing year olds. I think that is technically called 'new adult' now. 

What kind of books do you like to read? What are you reading right now? Does any one have any good recommendations for me?

by on May. 17, 2014 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2Phenley
by Member on May. 17, 2014 at 10:55 AM
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Best series ever. Not ya though, um, at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AubreyAnderson
by New Member on May. 17, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Oh and I am in a pretty awesome active book club group on here if anyone is interested. We have books of the week, book discussions, games, etc. It is super fun! PM me if you would be interested in joining. 

Pita369
by Member on May. 17, 2014 at 10:57 AM
I'm just wondering ...What is it about?

Quoting Mommy2Phenley: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Best series ever. Not ya though, um, at all.
AubreyAnderson
by New Member on May. 17, 2014 at 10:59 AM

lol.. i dont only read YA, but that is what i read most. I like books with a little sexy time, but I haven't dove into full on erotica yet, or horror because I am scardie cat... but other than that I'll read pretty much anything.

Quoting Mommy2Phenley: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Best series ever. Not ya though, um, at all.

Sapientia
by on May. 17, 2014 at 11:06 AM
I hear the fault in our stars is good. It's on my list lol
Sapientia
by on May. 17, 2014 at 11:06 AM
This is on my list, I think I will start it next.

msjoecool
by Member on May. 17, 2014 at 11:09 AM
I'm waiting for book five in Mortal Instruments. Mom gave me the Divergent books but I haven't started. I'm reading Anthony Bourdain's Medium Raw.
AubreyAnderson
by New Member on May. 17, 2014 at 11:16 AM

that book was really good. it was one of our book club picks in the CM group I posted about in the comments. pretty much everyone loved it. it was so sad though. i cant wait for the movie.

Quoting Sapientia: I hear the fault in our stars is good. It's on my list lol

AubreyAnderson
by New Member on May. 17, 2014 at 11:18 AM

I have read the first city of bones books but I havent read the rest yet. I need to finish that series. I heard the other series she has that is about their ancestors is really good too. 

Quoting msjoecool: I'm waiting for book five in Mortal Instruments. Mom gave me the Divergent books but I haven't started. I'm reading Anthony Bourdain's Medium Raw.

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on May. 17, 2014 at 11:23 AM
Danielle Bourdon, The Latvala Royals Series. Starts with "heir untamed"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)