Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I need a lot of advice :(.. about flying In a plane with a 9 months old..

Posted by on May. 17, 2014 at 11:48 PM
  • 11 Replies
I will be embarking on a trip by myself with a 9 almost 10 month old baby.. from michigan to Texas how can I.survive the trip
by on May. 17, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on May. 18, 2014 at 2:20 AM
Flying or driving?
Lots of snacks, toys to stay busy.

Quoting Ajmancera91: I will be embarking on a trip by myself with a 9 almost 10 month old baby.. from michigan to Texas how can I.survive the trip
MandaJo111
by Member on May. 18, 2014 at 4:44 AM

It is totally doable.  Take her favorite snacks.  A fun one is to make necklaces out of fruit loops.  That way when she eats them they are not falling all over the place.  I would put kids shows on a laptop or other device and buy some child sized headphones. Non-noisy toys are great.  

MandaJo111
by Member on May. 18, 2014 at 4:46 AM

Have your baby drink from her bottle or sippy cup during takeoff and landing.  It will help regulate ear pressure.  You can also buy earplanes for kids as well that help prevent the popping.  

Adrianne122005
by Member on May. 18, 2014 at 4:47 AM
Paper cups and paper towel. Two each.

If baby's ears are bothering them then have the flight attendant wet the paper towels and heat them up twenty seconds. When they are warm but not hot. Ring out the excess water and hold the cups with the paper towel inside over the baby's ears. It'll make the pain stop and their ears equalize pressure
schultzal
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2014 at 6:40 AM
Get a baby carrier to use while traveling. :)
Ajmancera91
by Member on May. 18, 2014 at 7:36 PM
Flying :)

Quoting Hottmomma607: Flying or driving?
Lots of snacks, toys to stay busy.

Quoting Ajmancera91: I will be embarking on a trip by myself with a 9 almost 10 month old baby.. from michigan to Texas how can I.survive the trip
ladybuglove08
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2014 at 10:02 PM
We gave dd a bottle during take off and landing..she was 11 months and waaay better than I expected :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2boys03
by Member on May. 18, 2014 at 10:10 PM

The biggest issue I have ever had was take off and landing but as others said have a bottle or if she uses a pacifier ready for her to suck.  My boys were breast fed so I timed it that they were nursing at that time and just put a blanket around them for privacy.  If you have a tablet download some videos  for her to watch and just like others said non noise toys work well.  We were on a flight in April and there was a baby crying when we were decending.  I think most people felt sorry for the baby and the parents because we all knew that baby was crying because she was in pain.  Before that we didn't hear a peep out of them. 

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2014 at 7:37 AM

Never heard this!

Quoting Adrianne122005: Paper cups and paper towel. Two each. If baby's ears are bothering them then have the flight attendant wet the paper towels and heat them up twenty seconds. When they are warm but not hot. Ring out the excess water and hold the cups with the paper towel inside over the baby's ears. It'll make the pain stop and their ears equalize pressure

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2014 at 7:38 AM

This is really important.

Quoting MandaJo111:

Have your baby drink from her bottle or sippy cup during takeoff and landing.  It will help regulate ear pressure.  You can also buy earplanes for kids as well that help prevent the popping.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN