Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

my 6 month won't sleep thru the night

Posted by on May. 19, 2014 at 7:44 AM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this
my 6 month baby girl was sleeping the hole night when she was 2..but now she sits or stands in her crib and cries ..how.can i get her to sleep on her own the hole night?
by on May. 19, 2014 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cmgmqmmom
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2014 at 7:46 AM
Babies sleep through the whole night when they are ready.
I'd make sure to have a soothing routine that you follow nightly...we do bath, book, and then nursing. Every night. Babies like consistency and routine.
pinkfairy0206
by on May. 19, 2014 at 7:47 AM
You can't make her sleep. They all go through stages of growth, teething ect.. none of my kids sleptthrough the night, till they were done nurising.
cbear2
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 7:47 AM
Im in the same boat. I tried to let her cry it out last night but gave in quickly. I felt aweful letting her yell.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2014 at 7:49 AM
Make sure you are on a good routine and putting her to bed at the same time every night. You can also try lowering her crib mattress so standing up is harder.

Other then that sometimes you just have to let her cry a little before she falls asleep.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2014 at 7:50 AM
Did you actually follow the CIO method or just let her scream?

Quoting cbear2: Im in the same boat. I tried to let her cry it out last night but gave in quickly. I felt aweful letting her yell.
fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2014 at 7:52 AM

I will be honest babies naturally aren't supposed to sleep through the night until they are closer to a year.  It is their natural defense against SIDS. 

Banana.Time
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 7:52 AM
Most 6 mo olds don't sleep through the night. Why do so many women think they need to do something to get their young baby to sleep through the night????
cbear2
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 7:57 AM
I tried to follow the method but she was only getting more upset when i didnt pick her up, n if i did pick her up n shed.freak when i put her down. After 15 min in n out i gave up snugglrd her up to me n let her crash, then put her back down

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2: Did you actually follow the CIO method or just let her scream?

Quoting cbear2: Im in the same boat. I tried to let her cry it out last night but gave in quickly. I felt aweful letting her yell.
Apr1l
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2014 at 7:58 AM
My youngest didn't until 10 mons sigh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
100problems-1
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 8:21 AM
Sounds normal to me. Is she hungry? Mine has never STTN. He's almost 2 years. He wakes early AM before the sun comes up, to eat. Then goes to sleep for 2-3 more hours.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)