Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What are you doing for Memorial Day?

Posted by on May. 25, 2014 at 8:55 AM
  • 376 Replies
1 mom liked this

Let's Chat!

Are you doing anything special for Memorial Day?  Are you having a BBQ?  Going anywhere?

Is there anyone special you're remembering this weekend?

happy memorial day 

Tips:
*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!
*To see if anyone has Quoted you, check the My Activity tab at the top of every page.

by on May. 25, 2014 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mygirl30248
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 8:57 AM

We have to be to the school by 8:20am for the parade, Girlscouts are in it. So we will get some dunkin' donuts, park the car & walk to the school then do the parade thing. 

No I'm not remebering anyone special, I don't know anyone who died while on active duty, or nobody exactly close to me, it's a small town so of course there are some people I'm aware of. 

Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Not a thing...DH works 12 hours tomorrow, so the girls and I will hang out at home! :)  

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on May. 25, 2014 at 11:14 AM

That sounds fun!  When I was a GS leader, my girls LOVED being in parades.

Quoting Mygirl30248:

We have to be to the school by 8:20am for the parade, Girlscouts are in it. So we will get some dunkin' donuts, park the car & walk to the school then do the parade thing. 

No I'm not remebering anyone special, I don't know anyone who died while on active duty, or nobody exactly close to me, it's a small town so of course there are some people I'm aware of. 

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on May. 25, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Hanging out relaxing sounds like a GREAT plan to me! Are you going to grill tomorrow?

Quoting Maries_Mom23:

Not a thing...DH works 12 hours tomorrow, so the girls and I will hang out at home! :)  

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on May. 25, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Hi ladies!

I don't have anyone to remember who died while on active duty, but I do have many family members who served who are now gone, so I'll be remembering them tomorrow, especially my Uncle Bill who passed away on Wednesday.  He served in the Marines.

Other than that, I plan to grill some steaks for dinner tonight but before that I'll take my daughter to get a new bathing suit, though with all the rain we've been getting lately, who knows when she'll get to go to the pool.

SlightlyPerfect
by on May. 25, 2014 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Today is a redneck-themed party. Tomorrow is another party with friends. We'll probably hit the pool too and enjoy the parade.
Dona127
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

We were supposed to have some family & friends for a cookout.  My Aunt called to say she had a problem with her foot she can't make it.  So, the cookout picnic is out.  We will be having some company tomorow.  We'll probably just go out & eat somewhere.  

I'll be just remembering all the soldiers that died & gave their life.  My cousin was 18 yrs. old when he died in the VN War.  It was a very sad moment in our lives. 

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on May. 25, 2014 at 12:12 PM

You're going to be completely partied out!  lol  Have fun at the pool, and don't forget the sunscreen!

Quoting SlightlyPerfect: Today is a redneck-themed party. Tomorrow is another party with friends. We'll probably hit the pool too and enjoy the parade.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on May. 25, 2014 at 12:12 PM

I'm so sorry about your cousin, I bet it was a terrible time for your whole family.  

Where do you think you'll go out to eat at?

Quoting Dona127:

We were supposed to have some family & friends for a cookout.  My Aunt called to say she had a problem with her foot she can't make it.  So, the cookout picnic is out.  We will be having some company tomorow.  We'll probably just go out & eat somewhere.  

I'll be just remembering all the soldiers that died & gave their life.  My cousin was 18 yrs. old when he died in the VN War.  It was a very sad moment in our lives. 

Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Doubt it....he won't be home until 7:00 and the girls are still kinda on their school sleep schedule and are ready for bed around 8:30.  LOL...he's off for 5 days starting Tuesday, we'll grill one of those days.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Hanging out relaxing sounds like a GREAT plan to me! Are you going to grill tomorrow?

Quoting Maries_Mom23:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)