Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here...(June 6th)

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 98 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmpressUnity
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 1:03 AM
2 moms liked this
Hello my name is shakura. My bundle of joy is a handsome boy who is turning 12 this summer.

I grew up in the Virgin Islands but I live Iin Florida.

I meet my husband at work. We both move to the same area at the same time, I thought that was strange but funny .
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 1:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to CafeMom Shakura,
So your ds is a *tween* now?
How is that going & how do you like living where you are?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting EmpressUnity: Hello my name is shakura. My bundle of joy is a handsome boy who is turning 12 this summer. I grew up in the Virgin Islands but I live Iin Florida. I meet my husband at work. We both move to the same area at the same time, I thought that was strange but funny .

EmpressUnity
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this
In my spare time I like to just relax do some reading maybe some reflecting
EmpressUnity
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 1:08 AM
The reply box wouldn't allow me to finish typing what i want to say . By the 3rd line it just
EmpressUnity
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this
See what i mean the cursor just want where it wanted to go lol
Girlscubed
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello Everyone!!!  My name is Charlotte Allen and I am a mother of three beautiful girls.  My oldest is 13, my middle daughter is 10, and my baby is now 4 months.  I am from Southern California but now reside in Houston, TX.  I know there is a huge gap in the ages of my daughters but my two oldest are from my first boyfriend and my youngest is my husband's.  My husband is a great father to all of our girls and is a great leader.  We are planning on having one more child within the next two years (hoping for a boy)...my husband is 7 years younger than me so he is anxious for one more.  confused

I met my husband at work, we both worked at a shelter. We love helping others and are developing our relationship with each other, our children, and Christ.  Some crazy coincidences my husband and I share are: both of our mom's middle name is Elaine (which we also gave to our daughter as a middle name), we both have a cousin named Gary Lynn, and both of our grandfather's names were Ernest. Lol so crazy.

I am a stay at home mom and although I love staying at home and being attentive to my daughters and family; I really would like to feel more useful.  I have been trying to find work from home, which seems to be pretty much a scam but if anyone knows anything reliable, please let me know.  A few projects I am currently starting are making purses out of jeans, making tee shirt dresses, and making mats for the homeless out of grocery bags, which my sister's ministry and she is teaching me.

Please feel free to ask me anything you'd like.  :)happy

Twin_momma14
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 2:22 AM
2 moms liked this
Hi my name is Alexis and I am a first time mom of twins boy and girl! My little girls name is Avery and my boys name is Mason. They are currently 3 1/2 months old and are my whole world! My husband and I met through mutual friends and we live in arizona
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 6, 2014 at 2:49 AM
Welcome! How long have you been living in Florida?

Quoting EmpressUnity: Hello my name is shakura. My bundle of joy is a handsome boy who is turning 12 this summer.

I grew up in the Virgin Islands but I live Iin Florida.

I meet my husband at work. We both move to the same area at the same time, I thought that was strange but funny .
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 6, 2014 at 2:55 AM
Nice to meet you! My mom and my mother-in-law have the same middle name too!
That's awesome,making mats for the homeless. How do you make them?

Quoting Girlscubed:

Hello Everyone!!!  My name is Charlotte Allen and I am a mother of three beautiful girls.  My oldest is 13, my middle daughter is 10, and my baby is now 4 months.  I am from Southern California but now reside in Houston, TX.  I know there is a huge gap in the ages of my daughters but my two oldest are from my first boyfriend and my youngest is my husband's.  My husband is a great father to all of our girls and is a great leader.  We are planning on having one more child within the next two years (hoping for a boy)...my husband is 7 years younger than me so he is anxious for one more.  confused

I met my husband at work, we both worked at a shelter. We love helping others and are developing our relationship with each other, our children, and Christ.  Some crazy coincidences my husband and I share are: both of our mom's middle name is Elaine (which we also gave to our daughter as a middle name), we both have a cousin named Gary Lynn, and both of our grandfather's names were Ernest. Lol so crazy.

I am a stay at home mom and although I love staying at home and being attentive to my daughters and family; I really would like to feel more useful.  I have been trying to find work from home, which seems to be pretty much a scam but if anyone knows anything reliable, please let me know.  A few projects I am currently starting are making purses out of jeans, making tee shirt dresses, and making mats for the homeless out of grocery bags, which my sister's ministry and she is teaching me.

Please feel free to ask me anything you'd like.  :)happy

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 6, 2014 at 2:57 AM
Nice to meet you! Oh adorable, twins! How far along were you when you found out you were having twins?

Quoting Twin_momma14: Hi my name is Alexis and I am a first time mom of twins boy and girl! My little girls name is Avery and my boys name is Mason. They are currently 3 1/2 months old and are my whole world! My husband and I met through mutual friends and we live in arizona
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN