Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

#4 on the way....Now what??

Posted by on May. 30, 2014 at 9:47 AM
  • 7 Replies

Ok, so I'd love some advice. I have an 11 year old, a 7 year old, and a 1 year old. We had managed to space the kids out so that the youngest one was a little more self-sufficient and at least out of diapers before we had another one. Now we are expecting our 4th in July, with our youngest just a year old. I'm a little worried about how I will handle having 2 babies at once. I will be having a c-section with this one, so that adds to my worry about taking care of the 1 year old, the new baby, and myself. My 11 year old is so awesome. She really helps me out with cleaning around the house, helping with the 1 year old, and she even knows how to cook a few dinner things. But she IS only 11, so I certainly don't want to put everything on her shoulders either. I know she will help, but I can't ask her to do everything. My hubby works 11-12 hours every day, so he wouldn't be home most of the time to help. It will be pretty much on me to do it all. Anyone out there have any advice on how to manage two babies at once? The 1 year old is on a pretty good schedule now, but I also worry about her regressing as well. I just want this to be as painless as possible for my family. We hadn't planned on having another one, but we are excited to add just one more blessing to our family. Any advice would be most helpful!

by on May. 30, 2014 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
butterflygurl14
by New Member on May. 30, 2014 at 9:56 AM

BUMP!

Osstie
by Member on May. 30, 2014 at 9:58 AM
I dont really have any advice.. nothing nice to say, really. You'll get through it.
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2014 at 10:04 AM

My children are 13 months apart. I had a c section also. I stayed in the hospital 3 days came home and jumped right into being mom.Things I did before going in really helped me out. I stocked my freezer with home made meals. That way I only had to pull them out and throw them in oven. I did DHs clothes for work (3 weeks worth) before going in. DH and I fine cleaned the house. We had everything washed and ready for new baby. I had no problem with my 13 month regressing or accepting the new baby. We told him from the very beginning we were getting him a baby.  For you I truly think the hardest will be keeping the older to busy and not bored. My guess is they will be out of school ? I would sign them up for 1/2 day camps or something. Maybe plan overnights with grand parents or cousin so they get a break from the babies.  So they can see other children , have fun and not be tied to waiting on 2 little ones schedule.

JennJenn85
by New Member on May. 30, 2014 at 10:08 AM

my youngest are 13 months apart and had a c-section... you should be fine i begged my dr to let me leave the hospital a day early with the youngest because i was bored.... I was able to move around pretty well just hours after surgery

butterflygurl14
by New Member on May. 30, 2014 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh wow, I hadn't even thought about my older kiddos! I will definitely look into day camps and things for them to do. Thanks for that!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

My children are 13 months apart. I had a c section also. I stayed in the hospital 3 days came home and jumped right into being mom.Things I did before going in really helped me out. I stocked my freezer with home made meals. That way I only had to pull them out and throw them in oven. I did DHs clothes for work (3 weeks worth) before going in. DH and I fine cleaned the house. We had everything washed and ready for new baby. I had no problem with my 13 month regressing or accepting the new baby. We told him from the very beginning we were getting him a baby.  For you I truly think the hardest will be keeping the older to busy and not bored. My guess is they will be out of school ? I would sign them up for 1/2 day camps or something. Maybe plan overnights with grand parents or cousin so they get a break from the babies.  So they can see other children , have fun and not be tied to waiting on 2 little ones schedule.

Pecuellar
by on May. 30, 2014 at 10:21 AM

You will handle it just fine because you are a Mother and that is what mothers do.  they handle the most difficult situations with strength and grace even they did not know they had. 

butterflygurl14
by New Member on May. 30, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Well said!

Quoting Pecuellar:

You will handle it just fine because you are a Mother and that is what mothers do.  they handle the most difficult situations with strength and grace even they did not know they had. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)