Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:25 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hey ya'll, My name is Ashley and I'm new to cafe mom. I live in Central Arkansas and I've been a SAHM for 9+ years now. I have a boyfriend of almost 3 years, 2 children from a previous marriage and his daughter from a previous marriage as well, ages 9,7 and 6.

I've been in AR for almost 2 years now, originally from San Diego CA. I've had a really hard time making friends my age (28). Im friendly with neighbors and also my bf's coworkers, but I either feel like a third wheel or the mom figure (younger neighbors)

I miss having interractions with adults regularly, and frankly I'm getting depressed. I'm still close with friends back home, but its not the same. I'm really looking to make a couple friends, ideally with children around the same age (but they wont care either way and so neither will I. :) ) I need to be able to have someone to met for coffee who would understand being a mom.

I wish I could find a job, but currently we aren't in a position for that to happen. (Slowly working on it) but not having somewhere for the kids to go makes it difficult. (Family is ALL back in San Diego)\

Anyways thats about me. Like I said I just want to make some friends and also have new friends for my kids

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:56 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:44 PM

WElcome to CafeMom Ashley,
Do all the kids live there full time?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting ambriggs:

Hey ya'll, My name is Ashley and I'm new to cafe mom. I live in Central Arkansas and I've been a SAHM for 9+ years now. I have a boyfriend of almost 3 years, 2 children from a previous marriage and his daughter from a previous marriage as well, ages 9,7 and 6.

I've been in AR for almost 2 years now, originally from San Diego CA. I've had a really hard time making friends my age (28). Im friendly with neighbors and also my bf's coworkers, but I either feel like a third wheel or the mom figure (younger neighbors)

I miss having interractions with adults regularly, and frankly I'm getting depressed. I'm still close with friends back home, but its not the same. I'm really looking to make a couple friends, ideally with children around the same age (but they wont care either way and so neither will I. :) ) I need to be able to have someone to met for coffee who would understand being a mom.

I wish I could find a job, but currently we aren't in a position for that to happen. (Slowly working on it) but not having somewhere for the kids to go makes it difficult. (Family is ALL back in San Diego)\

Anyways thats about me. Like I said I just want to make some friends and also have new friends for my kids

virgoj3
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:47 PM

hi Ashley!  welcome :)

ambriggs
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Nice to meet you too.

Yes they all live full time with Scott and I. Reality, "my" kids see their father physically once a year and this is his choice. I allow skype whenever he chooses too and they are allowed to call whenever they want. Gwen, Scott's daughter, see's her mom occasionally but about the same amount of time as my kids. She is a bit more involved calling more regularly/skyping.

Both Scott and I are mom and dad to all the kids, they view each other as siblings (and act as such). So that is how they are treated from us and all the families.

Quoting hugss:

WElcome to CafeMom Ashley,Do all the kids live there full time?Nice to meet you :)

Quoting ambriggs:

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Hello and welcome to the group!

It's hard when you are in a new place. Do you volunteer at any school functions? Are your kids involved with any sports or activities? I've found some really close friends with other moms as my kids get involved with more and more things.

ambriggs
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:51 PM

I've tried but most of the moms are very introverted... they perfer to keep to themselves. I try to start converstaions with them and get shut down in 2 words or less. its very disheartening

natural_s
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Hello Ashley welcome to cafemom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)