Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child insurance

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:18 PM
  • 9 Replies
I have a court order for my ex husband to pay health insurance on my child. He will not get him insurance. What are my options on getting this enforced.
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:19 PM
Go back to the court and tell them he won't do it. Do you have a lawyer?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chaotic.mind
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Take him back to court.
Judyb41
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:51 PM
It costs 1700 dollars to retain a lawyer to take him back to court

Quoting beadingmom17: Go back to the court and tell them he won't do it. Do you have a lawyer?
Judyb41
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:52 PM
It costs 1700 dollars to retain a lawyer to take him back to court

Quoting chaotic.mind: Take him back to court.
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:45 PM

I don't have experience with this. Here's a bump so other moms can see.

Quoting Judyb41: It costs 1700 dollars to retain a lawyer to take him back to court

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:59 PM
Send him an email and include a copy of the divorce decree where it says what he is responsible for. Remind him it's court ordered and while you'd prefer to stay out of court, you will go to court if he continues to ignore the order.

Quoting Judyb41: It costs 1700 dollars to retain a lawyer to take him back to court

Quoting beadingmom17: Go back to the court and tell them he won't do it. Do you have a lawyer?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chaotic.mind
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this
You shouldn't need a lawyer. It's pretty cut and dry. He's supposed to pay and he isn't. You could file the motion yourself and represent yourself.

Judyb41
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:59 PM
Yes sending him notification is a good idea thanks

Quoting coolmommy2x: Send him an email and include a copy of the divorce decree where it says what he is responsible for. Remind him it's court ordered and while you'd prefer to stay out of court, you will go to court if he continues to ignore the order.

Judyb41
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Your right I will have to do that. Makes sense enough. It's just our justice system isn't always so cut an dry but your right worth a shot!

Quoting chaotic.mind: You shouldn't need a lawyer. It's pretty cut and dry. He's supposed to pay and he isn't. You could file the motion yourself and represent yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)