Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever made a pact like this?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:04 PM
  • 5 Replies

My best guy friend and I had an agreement back when we were in our early 20s that if we found ourselves single when we're 50, we'll marry each other. He's just gotten divorced and mentioned that he isn't too worried about the next 10yrs because he has me as a back-up plan. Um, yeah, I'm happily married for 15+yrs and I plan to keep it going for many, many more years than just the next 10. Anyway, so he told my husband that he's loaning me out for the next 10yrs but then he has to give me back. WHAT??

Now I'm really regretting this silly pact we made in a drunken stupor so many years ago. D'oh!

Have you ever made a pact like this? 

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Peaceful.chaos
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:05 PM
Sounds like he's joking. What's the problem?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ragdoll7777
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Yes, I think everyone has lol

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:13 PM

*I* think he's joking, but my husband is PISSED. DH thinks he's been in love with me for all these years and has just been waiting for his chance to have me. *I* think he's just trying to make light of a nasty situation (big soap opera-y type mess), but now that my husband's flipping out, I wish we'd never made that pact for my friend to even joke about.

Quoting Peaceful.chaos: Sounds like he's joking. What's the problem?

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Right? I mean, you go through your umpteenth breakup, have a bit too much to drink, and say, "Hey, if we're still solo in 20yrs, let's hook up!" It's not serious, just something you say to lighten the mood. DH doesn't agree. *sigh*

Quoting ragdoll7777:

ragdoll7777
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:20 PM

I understand your husband though, my bf would consider that your friend said that a bit disrespectful, but that's just his character.

Quoting bamababe1975:

Right? I mean, you go through your umpteenth breakup, have a bit too much to drink, and say, "Hey, if we're still solo in 20yrs, let's hook up!" It's not serious, just something you say to lighten the mood. DH doesn't agree. *sigh*

Quoting ragdoll7777:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)