Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Since I came out with my pregnancy my friend came out with her pregnancy & I was excited bout it. But now she just wants all the attention on her. Every time I post something about my pregnancy, 2.5 seconds later she has to post something too. Like today for instance I posted about my baby shower & all of a sudden she decides to post bout her having one. I wouldnt be surprised if she has it on the same day as me. Idk It just bugs me how she always has to compete with me. Its really childish. Its like she wants what I have eh idk. Just venting away

by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 5:44 PM
Replies (11-16):
la_bella_vita
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 4:35 PM

I used to have a friend just like this, the best advice I can give you is to just ignore and let it be.

NYnewmom81214
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 8:15 PM

We announced that we were pregnant and a few days later my sister announced that they were renewing their vows. I felt that she was trying capture the attention off us because she has to be the "center" of attention all the time. I ended up telling her that we would not be attending the renewal. She has barely talked to me since then :(

scarletempress
by New Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 9:30 PM
You're right

Quoting Peaceful.chaos: Sounds like you're the one keeping score.
smarker21
by Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 6:48 AM
This

Quoting xWonderWomanx:

She may not realize that she's doing that, and she may not view it as competition, just that your post about a baby shower reminded her of her own and so forth. If it really bothers you, set custom controls on your FB posts to block her from seeing baby-related things that you don't want her to "copy."

smarker21
by Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 6:49 AM
Wow really? How old are you? That seems really extreme to me.

Quoting NYnewmom81214:

We announced that we were pregnant and a few days later my sister announced that they were renewing their vows. I felt that she was trying capture the attention off us because she has to be the "center" of attention all the time. I ended up telling her that we would not be attending the renewal. She has barely talked to me since then :(

smarker21
by Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 6:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I have never understood things like this. Maybe because I don't really have anyone to "pay attention" to me anyway? This all seems kind of childish to me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN