Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I have a baby with a bad cough, please help a mom out !

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:22 PM
  • 13 Replies
My son has a really bad cough,
Any home remedies or treatments that could help ?
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Schmoopi
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:34 PM
Do you have Vick's Vaporub? Put a little on the bottom of his feet and put socks on him. You can also try running the shower with the door closed, make it hot. Sit in the steamy bathroom with him.
amberNewman0213
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:36 PM
If it sounds congested I'd take him to the doctor just to get checked out. Coughs can be very minor but turn really bad fairly quickly in babies.
bec94
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Both of these. The Vicks on the feet really does work. I was amazed! Humidifier also helps.

Quoting Schmoopi: Do you have Vick's Vaporub? Put a little on the bottom of his feet and put socks on him. You can also try running the shower with the door closed, make it hot. Sit in the steamy bathroom with him.
Lala06
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:37 PM
How old ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amberklo
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:38 PM
I would make a doctors appointment for him.The doctor can prescribe breathing treatments if needed
Gaby1323
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:49 AM
I use the humidifier and the Vicks on feet, chest and back but I would take the baby to the dr just to make sure . When my daughter had a cough I waited few day because I already had an appt for a check up and it truned into neumonia so just go to be in the safe side .
TexasMomTo3Boys
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:52 AM
My nurse would always tell me to take a hot shower and the steam would help the cough. But definitely take him in just in case it turns into something worse.
Momma3220
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:55 AM

Depends , How old ? Vicks on feet with socks and chest . Lemon tea with honey , Squeez lemons in  a pot with water and throw them in  , Bring to a boil and put honey .

SnowOWhite
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Take him to doc to make sure it's not croup or pneumonia. If you're breastfeeding do not stop
skuzzie
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 5:13 PM
Vicks on the chest with a warm wash rag over it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)