Relocating to California - advice needed.
My husband and I are looking to relocate to Orange County, California at the end of the year, where he will be working. We are currently living in London, UK. I have two daughters, aged 5 and 2. I am feeling quite daunted about adjusting to a different 'culture' and very overwhelmed by the thought of leaving my current support structure.
I am looking for some advice on our budget going forward. I would love to hear from other moms on how much they spend monthly on the following:
- Rent (we would be looking for a 3-bedroom house/apartment, probably in Irvine)?
- Utilities like gas, electricity and water?
- Cars - including insurance and gas?
- Mobile phones?
- Gym fees?
- School for my 5 year old?
- Nursery 3 half-days a week for my 2-year old?
- and lastly, medical cover?
If there is anything I have left off the list, please let me know.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.