Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

need to ask a question

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 11:42 PM
  • 6 Replies
I've been with my boyfriend for almost two years we got a child together she's 6 months old Idk what's going on but sometime he act like he loves me and sometimes he acts like his pushing me away .. what could be wrong with him ... is it me
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lovemylilmama
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 12:46 AM
I'm going through the same thing. Our daughter is a year and we been together 2 and a half years. Its not you, do not feel like its all your fault, it takes two people to make a relationship work. I do not know what exactly is going on but all I can say is try to talk to him.

Quoting Meganwoodard26: I've been with my boyfriend for almost two years we got a child together she's 6 months old Idk what's going on but sometime he act like he loves me and sometimes he acts like his pushing me away .. what could be wrong with him ... is it me
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 12:47 AM

no, he is a new father and they act weird like the first year because they are adjusting to their new role of father/parent and may be nervous about taking your relationship to the next level.

Meganwoodard26
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:50 AM
I've tryed to talk to him and his like I don't want to hear it .. plus I'm going though a lot all I want is a shoulder to lead on and somebody to be there

Quoting lovemylilmama: I'm going through the same thing. Our daughter is a year and we been together 2 and a half years. Its not you, do not feel like its all your fault, it takes two people to make a relationship work. I do not know what exactly is going on but all I can say is try to talk to him.

Quoting Meganwoodard26: I've been with my boyfriend for almost two years we got a child together she's 6 months old Idk what's going on but sometime he act like he loves me and sometimes he acts like his pushing me away .. what could be wrong with him ... is it me
funhappymom
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 8:31 AM

My first question to you would be - are you suffering from postpartum depression at all? What you are feeling could be part of that.

I would sit down with your BF and talk with him. (((HUGS)))

Reina13
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Sometimes new fathers are just confused. It is a lot of responsibility and change for them. Have you sat down and talked to him about how you are feeling?

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:47 PM

It may be that he feels that he needs more space. so back off a bit in general and see if he is more comfortable. If he pushes away in important things and acts like he loves you when he wants something from you, then think and think some more. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)