Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

i need advice plz

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 12:55 AM
  • 15 Replies
my daughter just turned 4 months old and ive been giving her baby food anyways ever since i started feeding her food she spits up on brest milk, i heard once you start food you shouldnt stop and im not sure what i should do?
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 12:58 AM
2 moms liked this
Stop the food. At 4 months, she's still too early for food. To start solids, baby needs to be 6 months, be able to sit unsupported, have a good pincer grasp, and have lost the tongue thrust reflex. Until she's met those milestones, she is NOT ready for solids. When you do start solids, you have to give breastmilk first, then the solids. For the first 12 months, the main part of the baby's diet needs to be breastmilk or formula.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_32
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:03 AM
wont she be hungry for food at this point, now that she knows what it is?
TheMeanestMom
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:03 AM
Yes this exactly.

Quoting booaura: Stop the food. At 4 months, she's still too early for food. To start solids, baby needs to be 6 months, be able to sit unsupported, have a good pincer grasp, and have lost the tongue thrust reflex. Until she's met those milestones, she is NOT ready for solids. When you do start solids, you have to give breastmilk first, then the solids. For the first 12 months, the main part of the baby's diet needs to be breastmilk or formula.
booaura
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:05 AM
No. Her body is not ready, you are hurting her delicate digestive tract by giving her something she isn't ready to handle yet. If she is hungry, nurse her, that is all she needs for the first 12 months anyway, until a year and over, solid food is just extra, it shouldn't be her main source of calories.

Quoting Kris_32: wont she be hungry for food at this point, now that she knows what it is?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_32
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:07 AM
thank you
3gr8tKids
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:07 AM
Knuckle head.
booaura
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:09 AM
No need to be rude.

Quoting 3gr8tKids: Knuckle head.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_32
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:10 AM
I didnt know :)
she sleeps so good at night with the food
3gr8tKids
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:13 AM
That's rude? She's a knuckle head. As in someone who doesn't think things through. If she had she would have consulted her Dr. Before deviating from the advised diet. And now her child's having digestive issues, instead of consulting her physician where is she CM asking for advice.

Quoting booaura: No need to be rude.

booaura
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:18 AM
Yes, name calling is rude. And she may well have asked her dr, too many pedis hold to the old guidelines, which were starting solids at 4-6 months. And it's Sunday night, not many dr's offices are open.

Quoting 3gr8tKids: That's rude? She's a knuckle head. As in someone who doesn't think things through. If she had she would have consulted her Dr. Before deviating from the advised diet. And now her child's having digestive issues, instead of consulting her physician where is she CM asking for advice.

Quoting booaura: No need to be rude.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)