Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

New To CM.. Needed a place like this.

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 5:26 PM
  • 15 Replies
Hey ladies

I'm new to the site :) but have been browsing through it unregistered for a while. I just had a miscarriage and I've been feeling like all my friends just see it as a good thing because they are still mid 20's and party. I on the other hand, am mid 20's all partied out, working on my career goals and am I'm a relationship with someone who's not perfect but we love each other. Him finding out I was pregnant was scary for him, he's in his late 20's and this would've been his first child. We've been arguing a lot over infidelity but made it our choice to work through it. I've read countless books and blogs and have had countless "friends" say leave a man who slacks.. I find error in this because there was one point when I didn't have my life together and relationships were important but I couldn't give my all in my relationship and he still stuck by me.. Lol I wish love really was as simple as Disney movies made it seem. All and all I need a support group and my personal friends have never had real relationships, non of my friends have even ever gotten preggers so I just feel like speaking with them about life and love and creating life and everything else is pointless cause they can't understand.

Hopefully I can give advice to people on here too or at least help someone's day a little bit :)

Nice to meet you all!
BH
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bird_on_a_wire
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Careful lol. This pale is nice sometimes. Other times it is a cesspool full of bitchy and all around not nice women.

Nice to meet you. So sorry to read about your loss.
BorderlineHappy
by New Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 5:48 PM
Lol! Well either way I'm happy to have entertainment. Most females are caddy in real life too but hopefully they're some hidden gems on here.

Thank you bird on wire.. :)
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Welcome to the group. I am so sorry for you loss.

Hope you enjoy yourself here on cafemom.

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:15 PM

There are definitely some hidden gems on here, you just have to stick it out and probably join the right groups to find them, lol.

Quoting BorderlineHappy: Lol! Well either way I'm happy to have entertainment. Most females are caddy in real life too but hopefully they're some hidden gems on here. Thank you bird on wire.. :)

hugss
by Emerald Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
So sorry for your loss.
Will you two try again?
Hope you find the right groups here as there is a lot of support.

Nice to meet you :)

Quoting BorderlineHappy: Hey ladies I'm new to the site :) but have been browsing through it unregistered for a while. I just had a miscarriage and I've been feeling like all my friends just see it as a good thing because they are still mid 20's and party. I on the other hand, am mid 20's all partied out, working on my career goals and am I'm a relationship with someone who's not perfect but we love each other. Him finding out I was pregnant was scary for him, he's in his late 20's and this would've been his first child. We've been arguing a lot over infidelity but made it our choice to work through it. I've read countless books and blogs and have had countless "friends" say leave a man who slacks.. I find error in this because there was one point when I didn't have my life together and relationships were important but I couldn't give my all in my relationship and he still stuck by me.. Lol I wish love really was as simple as Disney movies made it seem. All and all I need a support group and my personal friends have never had real relationships, non of my friends have even ever gotten preggers so I just feel like speaking with them about life and love and creating life and everything else is pointless cause they can't understand. Hopefully I can give advice to people on here too or at least help someone's day a little bit :) Nice to meet you all! BH

Bird_on_a_wire
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:38 PM
No problem. New. Hit the reply button so people will be notified when you reply.

If you need help with the site or just to chat I'm here :)

Quoting BorderlineHappy: Lol! Well either way I'm happy to have entertainment. Most females are caddy in real life too but hopefully they're some hidden gems on here.

Thank you bird on wire.. :)
chaotic.mind
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:46 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.
Does the guy you're with make you happy? If so, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of your relationship. It sucks not to have support though.
lady21784
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to cafemom. Im sorry for the loss of your baby. When I told my husband I was pregnant he completely flipped. We managed to work through it. I believe you two can work it out. Trust that everything can work out and it will.
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to cafemom. Sorry about your miscarriage. I'm adding a link to a group that might be of help to you. I really think you will like it here, there are some groups that have a lot of drama, but I just avoid them. Most moms here are really friendly and helpful. Enjoy!

Join us in the Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support group

cinorrii
by New Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 9:22 PM
Welcome! I'm so sorry about your loss but if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to shoot me a PM. I have two children of my own so I can be supporting and a friend.

Enjoy CM!

Quoting BorderlineHappy: Hey ladies

I'm new to the site :) but have been browsing through it unregistered for a while. I just had a miscarriage and I've been feeling like all my friends just see it as a good thing because they are still mid 20's and party. I on the other hand, am mid 20's all partied out, working on my career goals and am I'm a relationship with someone who's not perfect but we love each other. Him finding out I was pregnant was scary for him, he's in his late 20's and this would've been his first child. We've been arguing a lot over infidelity but made it our choice to work through it. I've read countless books and blogs and have had countless "friends" say leave a man who slacks.. I find error in this because there was one point when I didn't have my life together and relationships were important but I couldn't give my all in my relationship and he still stuck by me.. Lol I wish love really was as simple as Disney movies made it seem. All and all I need a support group and my personal friends have never had real relationships, non of my friends have even ever gotten preggers so I just feel like speaking with them about life and love and creating life and everything else is pointless cause they can't understand.

Hopefully I can give advice to people on here too or at least help someone's day a little bit :)

Nice to meet you all!
BH
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)