Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Satellite company vs. cable companies debate

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Which would you choose from the three?

Options:

Time Warner Cable

DirecTV

Dish Network

Other company that may be offered. Please tell me!!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 15

View Results

DH and I are moving to a different city at the end of this month.  The only option for cable is Time Warner, or we can get Directv or Dish Network.  I'm curious to know the experiences with these companies and your most recommended.  We've never had satellite, and I'm worried that if we get satellite it will go out with rain, wind, etc.  Whoever we choose will be providing internet and tv.  Thanks in advance for your suggestions!  :)

by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:48 PM
Replies (11-18):
Aslen
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 8:21 PM
We have DirecTV and love it. No issues to speak of. We've had it a few years
expectantmom81
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 8:43 PM
I said dtv cause that's the only one I have had on that list.
expectantmom81
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 8:43 PM
Oh and it wasn't bad
bubbabarbie
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:32 AM

I love directv.  Have had it for 10 years.  I hate cable sooo expensive

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:16 AM

Xfinity cable. It works out great! We did satellite and it was terrible.

musicNcaffeine
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:21 AM
1 mom liked this

So glad to see this. We just got Directv. And everyone is saying we will hate it. We have had issues with outages, we live in OK, but the customer service has been amazing, and I found it to be a better deal than Dish.

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

We've had Directv for almost 10 years and have only had minor issues that were resolved quickly. I wouldn't trade it for anything. 

thatgirl70
by Carin on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
We only had one issue with them. We got the Genie and for what ever reason, we could not watch any paid VOD or PPV movies. They replaced the box. Still didn't work. After months of this going on, repeated calls to tech support, they still couldn't figure it out and they finally had the top level tech support person help, and he or she was perplexed. Sent out another technician, everything was connected as it should be, so he replaced the box. It FINALLY worked. We had somehow gotten two defective boxes.

I wish it hadn't taken so long to resolve, but I still wouldn't trade them for anything.

Quoting musicNcaffeine:

So glad to see this. We just got Directv. And everyone is saying we will hate it. We have had issues with outages, we live in OK, but the customer service has been amazing, and I found it to be a better deal than Dish.

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

We've had Directv for almost 10 years and have only had minor issues that were resolved quickly. I wouldn't trade it for anything. 

zoo003
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:58 PM
We have dish network and like it. We have never had issues with it going out or anything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)