Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Bedbugs

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:09 PM
  • 39 Replies
I am totally freaking out, been crying nonstop for two days. We have lived on our home for 11 years and I am 35 and have NEVER been through this before. I think we have bedbugs. Only seen one and have tore my home and our kids beds apart looking for more or any sign of them and nothing. We are being but up like crazy, especially my kids. We have a exterminator coming tomorrow to look for free but can't afford the actual service. I'm soooo lost and depressed and soooo embarrassed! We think we know who may have brought them here! Please HELP! Anyone been where we are at?
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liss7208
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:12 PM
Could it be fleas instead?
Chrissymomof6
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:13 PM
The kitten we took in does have fleas, she's a kitten. But I found a bug that my sister in law said is a bedbug crawling up the bathroom door siding. It's round and bright red.
SilverFire85
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:39 PM
Doesn't really sound like a bedbug to me.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed_bug
Chrissymomof6
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Mobile Photo

Here is the bug
Chrissymomof6
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:18 AM
Bump.. Has no one had these? Or is people to scared to admit it? I'm going crazy :(
TheMeanestMom
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:46 AM

Dangit typed a whole response on my phone then added the picture and it deleted it.

Do any of your mattress seams look like this?

We went through a horrible year fighting these jerks! Like you I only ever saw one living. But it didn't look exactly like yours. Similar but not exact. If you have the bug show the exterminator.

Are the bites in threes? It's characteristic of bed bugs to leave three small bites in one area. Maybe it is just the fleas!

You can treat them yourself. It's awful and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy but you can. We used DE... it's an abbreviation for a word I can't spell lol. Diatamacious earth or something like that. Goole treating bedbugs with de and you should find a lot of info.

Don't freak out until you know what you're dealing with.

I know how hard it is. I cried so hard when they came back a second time, my neighbors literally thought one of my kids died or something. Try to stay calm. Even if it is bedbugs it's OK. It doesn't mean you're dirty. They don't carry diseases. It sucks. I know it sucks. But it is going to be OK.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Chrissymomof6
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

This is my 11 year old daughters bites. Hers and my 9 year old sons is the worst. My oldest son and daughter don't get them for some reason and my 4 year old has a few but not as bad. I have a few and my husband but not as bad.

Too late for freaking out.. I've cried for a couple days and we have been cleaning and vacuuming like crazy. Getting rid of clutter and stuff we don't need/use ect. Never knew what under my bed looked like until now, lol.
Chrissymomof6
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 8:39 AM
Also have been spraying 91 percent alcohol everywhere, especially sides of beds and feet of bed at night. Kids have been camping out in the livingroom. It's a big house. 4 kids in one room and two other rooms with my youngest and oldest son and my room. Four bedrooms, front room and backroom, dining room, kitchen, 2 1/2 baths but one if storage only and locked up. We are remodeling and gonna make it another bedroom so our almost 13 year old daughter can have her own room. Oh and our laundry room upstairs as well. The exterminator will be here at 10am and I'm so nervous. Trying to stay calm the best I can, thank you for the calm words to help with that. I have found no droppings like that at all anywhere and I looked like crazy. Haven't found another bug like the one I posted either. Thought it looked wierd compared to what I've seen to, def similar. My sister in law in Florida has a exterminator business and says that's what it is :( we will see. What are the steps you took?
whooperz
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 8:40 AM
Ive never had them , but I think that's what they look like.

Quoting Chrissymomof6:

Mobile Photo

Here is the bug
Chrissymomof6
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 9:20 AM
Exterminator will be here shortly.. I'm so nervous!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN