Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

seriously? is it just me or do I have reason to be irritated?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 8:18 PM
  • 13 Replies
So I am almost 9 months pregnant and I know I'm irritable but I don't think I'm wrong. My sister asked me to take her to the store. She gets in my car with food. When we get to the store she asked if I would sit in the car with nephew so he can eat. I said yes he can eat the chicken strips in here but not the mashed potatoes (he is 7, Can you say huge mess?). So she tells her son that he can't eat because I don't think it's important for him to get dinner. I pointed out that I said he could eat the chicken strips but that I don't let kids eat stuff like that in my car. Her response: he will not eat them separately. I'm not going to let another kid do what I won't let mine do. She's allowing him to be too damn picky and let's him run everything...... annoys the hell out of me. I'm not going to do it
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Adnalor
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 8:21 PM
2 moms liked this
I think chicken strips are messier than mashed potatoes. Regardless, your car, your rules. If she doesn't like it, she should find another means if transportation.
MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 8:28 PM
I agree with this.

Quoting Adnalor: I think chicken strips are messier than mashed potatoes. Regardless, your car, your rules. If she doesn't like it, she should find another means if transportation.
evilangel198431
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 9:10 PM
The chicken strips are pretty dry. Easier to clean than something that can be smashed into carpet and upholstery

Quoting Adnalor: I think chicken strips are messier than mashed potatoes. Regardless, your car, your rules. If she doesn't like it, she should find another means if transportation.
Adnalor
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 9:14 PM
True. As long as they aren't greasy.

Quoting evilangel198431: The chicken strips are pretty dry. Easier to clean than something that can be smashed into carpet and upholstery

evilangel198431
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 9:27 PM
The place we go makes them pretty well. Not much grease

Quoting Adnalor: True. As long as they aren't greasy.

Quoting evilangel198431: The chicken strips are pretty dry. Easier to clean than something that can be smashed into carpet and upholstery

MommeeTo4
by Livin w NF1 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Idk at 7, I would hope a child could eat mashed potatoes without a mess.
musicNcaffeine
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

My mantra for the day when I respond to posts seems to be "My house, my rules." In this case, a car, but same theory. Frankly, she should have fed him beforehand, or explained to him the potatoes could come later. To badmouth you like that is bs. And I think you are perfectly fine to be pissed.

JoanahLee
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:02 AM
3 moms liked this

Involving a child in the disagreement (Your aunt doesn't care if you eat or not...) was completely inappropriate. 

It's not like you were setting off on a 9 hour road trip, at 7 he is perfectly old enough to understand "Eat chicken now and potatoes at home, or wait and eat it all at home." 

MamaBearEH
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Your vehicle your rules - period.  She doesn't have to like them she just has to respect them.

Quoting JoanahLee:

Involving a child in the disagreement (Your aunt doesn't care if you eat or not...) was completely inappropriate. 

It's not like you were setting off on a 9 hour road trip, at 7 he is perfectly old enough to understand "Eat chicken now and potatoes at home, or wait and eat it all at home." 

SusieQmommyO2
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 2:41 PM
I'm the same way in my vehicle, my kid doesn't get to eat in the car and neither does anyone else. I've made this clear to everyone, friends and relatives. They know it's not going to happen, now your sister does too. She needs to get the chip off of her shoulder, maybe next time she'll get a ride from someone else, since she doesn't agree with your rules in YOUR CAR.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN