Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here...(June 17th)

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 87 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 17, 2014 at 12:30 AM
♥WELCOME NEW MEMBERS♥
Twilightmommy87
by New Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:04 AM
4 moms liked this

1. I have 1 daughter and she just turned 3.

2. I grew up in Wisconsin and I now live in Missouri.

3. I first met my husband at a youth church convention.

4. When I have time to myself, I like to be on facebook, browse pinterest, sew & craft stuff, read a good book, take a nap, or play a game.

5. The only thing on my mind right now is that I should probably go to sleep as I have to work tomorrow!busy mom

Miss.Sutcliff13
by New Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:06 AM
3 moms liked this

I have two boys a six year old and three year old. The six year old was adopted when he was four. I feel in love with him the day I met him. Then I have a three year old of my own. 

I grew up in Utah and I'm temporarily living overseas for work. It's been a hard transisiton. 

My husband and I met when I went on a trip to New York, I was riding the subway for the first time and I got totally lost and when I got off I swear it was fate. He found me crying on a street corner and he just came down and sat next to me and gave me a hug. I didn't know what to do so I just cried harder.

I love reading, I will read almost any book that's recommended to me. I've even read a few manga from Japan that friends have given me.  

hugss
by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Where in MO are you?  I am also there.
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Twilightmommy87:

4. When I have time to myself, I like to be on facebook, browse pinterest, sew & craft stuff, read a good book, take a nap, or play a game.

5. The only thing on my mind right now is that I should probably go to sleep as I have to work tomorrow!busy mom

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:11 AM
Welcome!! What kind of at work do you do?

Quoting Twilightmommy87:

hugss
by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:13 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,

How neat on you loving all those books .. no special kind?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Miss.Sutcliff13:

I have two boys a six year old and three year old. The six year old was adopted when he was four. I feel in love with him the day I met him. Then I have a three year old of my own. I grew up in Utah and I'm temporarily living overseas for work. It's been a hard transisiton. My husband and I met when I went on a trip to New York, I was riding the subway for the first time and I got totally lost and when I got off I swear it was fate. He found me crying on a street corner and he just came down and sat next to me and gave me a hug. I didn't know what to do so I just cried harder. I love reading, I will read almost any book that's recommended to me. I've even read a few manga from Japan that friends have given me.  

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:13 AM
Hi,nice to meet you!! Where are you overseas? Your hubbyb sounds sweet!♥

Quoting Miss.Sutcliff13:

I have two boys a six year old and three year old. The six year old was adopted when he was four. I feel in love with him the day I met him. Then I have a three year old of my own. I grew up in Utah and I'm temporarily living overseas for work. It's been a hard transisiton. My husband and I met when I went on a trip to New York, I was riding the subway for the first time and I got totally lost and when I got off I swear it was fate. He found me crying on a street corner and he just came down and sat next to me and gave me a hug. I didn't know what to do so I just cried harder. I love reading, I will read almost any book that's recommended to me. I've even read a few manga from Japan that friends have given me.  

mamadrama111
by New Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:36 AM
3 moms liked this

Hi there,

I'm new and suffering from some intense loneliness after having my first baby.  I thought getting on this board may help, or maybe you all know of a board for new moms like me suffering for social interaction.

I just had a baby and she just turned 6 months.

Albuquerque, NM,---born and riased

ABQ, NM

Lol, i dont have "time to myself", I run an etsy shop online and it takes it out of me for sure.  Need to keep the money flow going for diapers and formula!

Depressed.  I really need someone to talk to, so I thought this place would be best.  I just feel so alone.  Ever since I had a baby, it feels like all my old friends have said, "Let's get together sometime!"  But I feel like they are saying that to me out of pity, because none of them ever call me, or even text me.  Even the girls who helped me plan my baby shower haven't talked to me, and my father recently told me he doesn't like my husband at all and that him and my mother "want to keep their distance".  my father didn't even call me back on father's day after I sent him a card and called him.

I don't know why I feel so isolated.  Maybe people always disliked me this much before and I never noticed until I had a child.  It was like I reached the 6 month mark and realized that no one was around me, very few people, if any, had come to visit me and my new little baby, and I can't help, especially now that my father is acting this way (even sacrificing hanging out with his only grandchild of six months to avoid me!), ---I can't help but thing there is something fundamentally wrong with me.  I feel like everyone hates me, and always have, and that having a baby was just an excuse.

alright...im done....ill go find a depression board now...thanks for reading...

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:51 AM
((Hugs)) So sorry! Have you tried talking to your doctor? I know it must seems hard with your friends,but it'll get better. Just give it some time. Hut please talk with your doctor.
I'm Trica by the way.

Quoting mamadrama111:

Hi there,

I'm new and suffering from some intense loneliness after having my first baby.  I thought getting on this board may help, or maybe you all know of a board for new moms like me suffering for social interaction.

ABQ, NM

Lol, i dont have "time to myself", I run an etsy shop online and it takes it out of me for sure.  Need to keep the money flow going for diapers and formula!

Depressed.  I really need someone to talk to, so I thought this place would be best.  I just feel so alone.  Ever since I had a baby, it feels like all my old friends have said, "Let's get together sometime!"  But I feel like they are saying that to me out of pity, because none of them ever call me, or even text me.  Even the girls who helped me plan my baby shower haven't talked to me, and my father recently told me he doesn't like my husband at all and that him and my mother "want to keep their distance".  my father didn't even call me back on father's day after I sent him a card and called him.

I don't know why I feel so isolated.  Maybe people always disliked me this much before and I never noticed until I had a child.  It was like I reached the 6 month mark and realized that no one was around me, very few people, if any, had come to visit me and my new little baby, and I can't help, especially now that my father is acting this way (even sacrificing hanging out with his only grandchild of six months to avoid me!), ---I can't help but thing there is something fundamentally wrong with me.  I feel like everyone hates me, and always have, and that having a baby was just an excuse.

hugss
by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 8:38 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
So sorry you are going through this,
Do you have some neighbors arouund you that you could become friends with?
 Hugs to you &  NIce to met you :)

Quoting mamadrama111:

Hi there,

ABQ, NM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)