Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here...(June 16th)

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 67 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
My3Blessingz
by New Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 7:51 AM
4 moms liked this

I have 3 beautiful children, 2 boys ages 6 and 18 months and a girl age 4

I was born in Louisiana but moved to Florida when I was 9 so I pretty much grew up there but then moved back to Louisiana where my entire family is about 6 years ago.

When I have time to  myself i really like to enjoy the quiet haha, I will catch up on some reading, t.v shows or go for a ride and enjoy the sites.

I always have a lot on my mind but today its mainly about getting a job. I am a stay at home mom going on a year seperated from my husband and I need to make some kind of income to support my children. I know it would be nice to get out the house but I am just not comfortable leaving my 1 yr old with a sitter...any suggistions??

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Welcome to cafemom, nice to meet you. I wish I had suggestions for work at home jobs, but I have found most of the internet things are scams, and selling stuff like Avon and 31 just doesn't bring in enough $$. Does your ex help? Have you thought about in-home child care? Good luck!

Quoting My3Blessingz:

I was born in Louisiana but moved to Florida when I was 9 so I pretty much grew up there but then moved back to Louisiana where my entire family is about 6 years ago.

When I have time to  myself i really like to enjoy the quiet haha, I will catch up on some reading, t.v shows or go for a ride and enjoy the sites.

I always have a lot on my mind but today its mainly about getting a job. I am a stay at home mom going on a year seperated from my husband and I need to make some kind of income to support my children. I know it would be nice to get out the house but I am just not comfortable leaving my 1 yr old with a sitter...any suggistions??

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
How about doing some in home day care? Nice to meet you :)

Quoting My3Blessingz:

Alwaysmotivated
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Welcome! All I can think of is in home childcare and child support.. I wish you all the best and hope you find something soon!

Quoting My3Blessingz:

Zzzzzx
by New Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:02 AM
3 moms liked this
Hello,
I have three children, Andy, Ash, And Chris. What's on my mind is how happy I am school is over and it's summer. The school year is so busy that I'm so happy to not have a thousand emails to answer about room mom, ect. I'm enjoying my coffee and just about to wake my son up for swim. Happy summer, enjoy the time when they're small and spend as much time as you can with them. Before you know it they're all grown up.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
How old are your kids?  Enjoy summer & nice to meet you :)

Quoting Zzzzzx: Hello, I have three children, Andy, Ash, And Chris. What's on my mind is how happy I am school is over and it's summer. The school year is so busy that I'm so happy to not have a thousand emails to answer about room mom, ect. I'm enjoying my coffee and just about to wake my son up for swim. Happy summer, enjoy the time when they're small and spend as much time as you can with them. Before you know it they're all grown up.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 16, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Welcome! What part of Louisiana did you move back to?

Quoting My3Blessingz:

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 16, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Welcome! Do you have summer vacation plans?

Quoting Zzzzzx: Hello,
I have three children, Andy, Ash, And Chris. What's on my mind is how happy I am school is over and it's summer. The school year is so busy that I'm so happy to not have a thousand emails to answer about room mom, ect. I'm enjoying my coffee and just about to wake my son up for swim. Happy summer, enjoy the time when they're small and spend as much time as you can with them. Before you know it they're all grown up.
My3Blessingz
by New Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Thank You! I moved to Franklinton which is about 2 hrs north of New Orleans. Originally from Metairie :)

Quoting Hottmomma607: Welcome! What part of Louisiana did you move back to?
Quoting My3Blessingz:

My3Blessingz
by New Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank You! Childcare seems like a good idea, I may have to look into that. Thanks for the idea!

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Welcome! All I can think of is in home childcare and child support.. I wish you all the best and hope you find something soon!

Quoting My3Blessingz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)