Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Moth infestation

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:39 AM
  • 8 Replies
Ok so I have never had this problem before. My family and I went camping for a week and when we got back our house was literally a moth nightmare. I've tried spraying insect aside and having moths balls all over the place and the fly sticky things and flyswatters to boot. I kill at least a hundred of those nasty flying bugs every night and don't know what else to do... Anyone have ideas? I really need help there driving me insane
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Reina13
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:15 PM

I have never had that happen before. Wash all your fabics. The eggs are probably in the fabrics. Use cedar hangers in your closets, moth traps and moth balls. If you cannot get rid of them that way, your only recourse will probably be to call an exterminator. 

Pixi-goddess
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:18 PM
I'll try it...

Quoting Reina13:

I have never had that happen before. Wash all your fabics. The eggs are probably in the fabrics. Use cedar hangers in your closets, moth traps and moth balls. If you cannot get rid of them that way, your only recourse will probably be to call an exterminator. 

funhappymom
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 7:33 AM

I would probably just go right to calling an exterminator.

I wonder how you got so many of them?

Pixi-goddess
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:55 AM
To be honest the house is crap... My family and I lived in a 2 person RV for 2 years and was desperate for a house so we took the first one available and though it's bigger than the RV and we have room to breath it's falling apart. After 9 months of complaining they finally renovated the master bathroom (the closet floor was completely gone and the bathroom floor was caving in) this is by far the worst house I have ever lived in and wish our contract was up already but it's still a year and 3 months to go

Quoting funhappymom:

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 9:10 AM

yep

Quoting funhappymom:

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Hugs! I would also go right to the exterminator. You may have other hidden insects that need to be addressed as well.

funhappymom
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Oh man. That stinks. I'm sorry you are dealing with all of this. I'm assuming you are renting?

Quoting Pixi-goddess: To be honest the house is crap... My family and I lived in a 2 person RV for 2 years and was desperate for a house so we took the first one available and though it's bigger than the RV and we have room to breath it's falling apart. After 9 months of complaining they finally renovated the master bathroom (the closet floor was completely gone and the bathroom floor was caving in) this is by far the worst house I have ever lived in and wish our contract was up already but it's still a year and 3 months to go
Quoting funhappymom:

happyolechimp
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:23 PM
get those bug bombs....ps...we're thinking of selling house live in our RV...course no kids...just dogs.. ;-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)