Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Lets Be Honest Moms

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 3:47 AM
  • 46 Replies
1 mom liked this

If any of you have young daughters or even teen daughters, would you seiously allow her/them to dress suggestivly (short shorts or skirts with tube tops or major cleavage showing tops and heels or stilletos)? I see girls that are very young dressing this way, and it pisses me off, because young girls shouldn't be dressing like (sorry if I offend anyone, but I'm expressing my opinion) curb/street side service. I know it's the new fashion, but I'm old school. I never dressed like that when I was young, and I certainly won't put up with my daughters dressing like that either. I'm not a prude either, I just feel strongly that young girls SHOULDN'T be dressing like this at all.   

by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 3:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mona165
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 3:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a 21 month old and a 9 month old, I dont even buy them a two piece swimsuit. Iv also seen young girls like that and it does piss me off also. I was at the mall the other day and noticed 4 girls around the ages of 14-15 and they were all showing too much skin I mean they're shorts were almost showing they butt, they're shirts were showing they're brawls, and there were older men looking at them checking them out from head to toe, these old men where around they're late 60's its nasty. I dress covered up but sense I have bigger boobs it makes some old men look at me and its just gross one time I even screamed at the old men looking at me because he had said a nasty remark. Now I wonder if those young girls like all types of men looking at them. But I wont ever teach my daughters or let them dress like that. Its sad to see these young girls now a days dressing like this. And im not old at all. Im barely 20 and never dressed like that... its just sad.
PaganGoddess78
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 4:13 AM

My question is............whose buying these clothes for these young girls? And I too have seen young girls 12-15 or 16 wearing hoochie mama clothes and older guys looking at them like they want to get it on right then and there. Awhile back ago, my fiance, his mom and I stopped at a Taco Bell on the way home from Idaho, and there was a girl no older than 15 wearing shorts so short, he butt cheeks were hanging out, and she was wearing a spaghetti strap tank with a low scoop showing all her cleavage. Her friends were dressed not as bad as her, but this girl looked like a hooker. I wanted to say something to her, but I was stopped. If the parents aren't buying these clothes for these girls, who is? If the parents ARE, wtf kind of message are they sending to their young daughter (s)?

I'm 35, and I don't dress like that. Even if I had a smaller figure to show off, I'd still dress like I do now. 

Quoting mona165: I have a 21 month old and a 9 month old, I dont even buy them a two piece swimsuit. Iv also seen young girls like that and it does piss me off also. I was at the mall the other day and noticed 4 girls around the ages of 14-15 and they were all showing too much skin I mean they're shorts were almost showing they butt, they're shirts were showing they're brawls, and there were older men looking at them checking them out from head to toe, these old men where around they're late 60's its nasty. I dress covered up but sense I have bigger boobs it makes some old men look at me and its just gross one time I even screamed at the old men looking at me because he had said a nasty remark. Now I wonder if those young girls like all types of men looking at them. But I wont ever teach my daughters or let them dress like that. Its sad to see these young girls now a days dressing like this. And im not old at all. Im barely 20 and never dressed like that... its just sad.

mona165
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 4:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Thats just gross. It disgustes me out. Some parents just give their kids money for when they go shopping and when thier kids come back home they're parents dont ask what they bought the girls just keep it to themselves and put on another layer ontop of that reveling clothes and take it off once they're in the streets. I know because when I was in high school thats what I saw some girls doing.

Quoting PaganGoddess78:

My question is............whose buying these clothes for these young girls? And I too have seen young girls 12-15 or 16 wearing hoochie mama clothes and older guys looking at them like they want to get it on right then and there. Awhile back ago, my fiance, his mom and I stopped at a Taco Bell on the way home from Idaho, and there was a girl no older than 15 wearing shorts so short, he butt cheeks were hanging out, and she was wearing a spaghetti strap tank with a low scoop showing all her cleavage. Her friends were dressed not as bad as her, but this girl looked like a hooker. I wanted to say something to her, but I was stopped. If the parents aren't buying these clothes for these girls, who is? If the parents ARE, wtf kind of message are they sending to their young daughter (s)?

I'm 35, and I don't dress like that. Even if I had a smaller figure to show off, I'd still dress like I do now. 

Quoting mona165: I have a 21 month old and a 9 month old, I dont even buy them a two piece swimsuit. Iv also seen young girls like that and it does piss me off also. I was at the mall the other day and noticed 4 girls around the ages of 14-15 and they were all showing too much skin I mean they're shorts were almost showing they butt, they're shirts were showing they're brawls, and there were older men looking at them checking them out from head to toe, these old men where around they're late 60's its nasty. I dress covered up but sense I have bigger boobs it makes some old men look at me and its just gross one time I even screamed at the old men looking at me because he had said a nasty remark. Now I wonder if those young girls like all types of men looking at them. But I wont ever teach my daughters or let them dress like that. Its sad to see these young girls now a days dressing like this. And im not old at all. Im barely 20 and never dressed like that... its just sad.

LadyReal
by New Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 4:46 AM
1 mom liked this

The clothing is very revealing but that is what girls (some) are wearing.  Now with that said, the human body is a wonderful thing and  the real question is why does these girls upset some people so?....there was a time when not much clothing if any was worn.

theresaphilly
by Theresa on Jun. 16, 2014 at 6:37 AM
1 mom liked this

The tops I have no problem with, but the skirts are way too short. 

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 7:24 AM
DD is 9 and it took a few arguments in Justice but she totally understands what is acceptable to me and what she is allowed to wear. It's hard because although she's 9, she tall...people think she's 12 so the clothes that fit her tend to be geared toward older girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

No, no I would not. We believe in and teach modesty in our home. 

Roxanne92
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Heck no but I didn't/ don't have that problem my daughter 22 was/is so modest
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:37 AM

We went out to eat last night at a pretty upscale restaurant. (for this town at least) A young girl came in, apparently straight from the pool, wearing a "cover up" over her suit. It was floor length skirt in back, but cut all the way up to the bottom of her bathing suit in the front. Every man in the place was eyeing her. I couldn't believe my eyes. No, we may battle to the end, but mine will not dress like that as long as she lives under my roof.

trosemomof3
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm always adjusting my girls clothes! I also believe it's all in how one carries their self.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)