Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Shoes on or off?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:03 AM
  • 51 Replies

Do you require your family to take their shoes off before they enter the house? Do you request guests to do the same? Went to someones house the  other day and they had a sign on their door telling people to remove their shoes.

Glad I did have a hole in my sock!  We do not take ours off in our home.

by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:10 AM

We have two dogs. It would be pointless to take shoes off before entering our home lol!

toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:13 AM
We take our shoes off, and most guests do too. There are a few people who refuse, and I don't make a stink about it. We do have pets, but they don't walk in all the public places people go with their shoes on.
PeachQuean
by Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Always do so in other people's homes unless they say not too.

I wear shoes often in my home, not always , the kids and other family and friends can keep them on if they choose to, unless it's been snowing or raining etc....
pootersmomi
by Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Same here!  They bring in way more dirt than we ever could.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

We have two dogs. It would be pointless to take shoes off before entering our home lol!

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:41 AM

I always slip mine off as I come in the door. I don't for others unless they say, and then the next time I visit, I take a pair of slippers along. For my children and grandchildren I do request that they take off shoes. My husband has never done this though, and he tracks through the house in his work boots. *rolls eyes*

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you.  The places our shoes have been! The public toilets! The blechy stuff on roads and sidewalks! I don't want these in my house. :(

Quoting toopicky429: We take our shoes off, and most guests do too. There are a few people who refuse, and I don't make a stink about it. We do have pets, but they don't walk in all the public places people go with their shoes on.

tntmomof2
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:58 AM
I've always had the no shoes in the house rule. Guests too except my FIL. He has diabetes. Currently our kitchen and dining room are under construction so I make everyone wear shoes. I don't want wanting stepping on a nail or debris. After the work is done well go back to the no shoes rule.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 17, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Yes we do! But most of our friends homes have the same rules. Not a neat freak but the things that are on the bottom of your shoes! Yuck! 

pootersmomi
by Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Do you wear slippers or flip flops instead?

Quoting Bmat:

I always slip mine off as I come in the door. I don't for others unless they say, and then the next time I visit, I take a pair of slippers along. For my children and grandchildren I do request that they take off shoes. My husband has never done this though, and he tracks through the house in his work boots. *rolls eyes*

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 17, 2014 at 11:08 AM

EXACTLY!! Sticky floors,I went walking last week and walked through a bunch of mud! Why would I want that across my floor? My kids at school all day,on the bus. When we go to hotels and resorts we bring flipflops or slippers to use. lol And it makes it more comfortable.

Quoting Bmat:

I agree with you.  The places our shoes have been! The public toilets! The blechy stuff on roads and sidewalks! I don't want these in my house. :(

Quoting toopicky429: We take our shoes off, and most guests do too. There are a few people who refuse, and I don't make a stink about it. We do have pets, but they don't walk in all the public places people go with their shoes on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)