Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Getting Acquainted

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:00 PM
  • 10 Replies
Hello everyone :) My name is Ruby I am 28 yrs old and I am a mother to 5 children in total. 10 yrs, 8 yrs, 3 yrs, 23 mo & 4 mo. My youngest 3 live with me and my husband in hot and sunny Yuma, AZ. I recently quit my job to stay home and raise my children, but will be returning back to college at night when my husband is home to become a nurse. Hope to connect with various mothers and gain some useful tools and ideas in this full time job as a mother.
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group ;)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Welcome to CafeMom Ruby,
May I ask who the older ones live with?
How do you like being home now?  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting rubyboys31: Hello everyone :) My name is Ruby I am 28 yrs old and I am a mother to 5 children in total. 10 yrs, 8 yrs, 3 yrs, 23 mo & 4 mo. My youngest 3 live with me and my husband in hot and sunny Yuma, AZ. I recently quit my job to stay home and raise my children, but will be returning back to college at night when my husband is home to become a nurse. Hope to connect with various mothers and gain some useful tools and ideas in this full time job as a mother.

rubyboys31
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Nice to meet you as well :) My oldest children are living with my ex husband's parents in Virginia. It was a nasty and long divorce and I was going through a lot of emotional turmoil, so I made a VERY hard decision that since I could not provide for them at that time, they stay with their grandparents until I settled back home in AZ. Well things just got tougher and I would be selfish to strip them from a stable environment. I remarried with my high school sweetheart and we have 3 children together now. I keep contact with my oldest children. Being a stay at home mom is actually pretty tough. I loved working because it made me feel productive financially and it was a break away from the kids lol. I am actually experiencing some post partum and trying to connect with other moms with similar experience s and issues.

Quoting hugss:

Welcome to CafeMom Ruby,May I ask who the older ones live with?How do you like being home now?  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting rubyboys31: Hello everyone :) My name is Ruby I am 28 yrs old and I am a mother to 5 children in total. 10 yrs, 8 yrs, 3 yrs, 23 mo & 4 mo. My youngest 3 live with me and my husband in hot and sunny Yuma, AZ. I recently quit my job to stay home and raise my children, but will be returning back to college at night when my husband is home to become a nurse. Hope to connect with various mothers and gain some useful tools and ideas in this full time job as a mother.

MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello & welcome Ruby!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group ;)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww sorry on the messy divorce but glad you are in touch with your older kids,
Stying home is tough I agree .. what kind of work did you do?
Hopefully you will enjoy it more ;)

Quoting rubyboys31: Nice to meet you as well :) My oldest children are living with my ex husband's parents in Virginia. It was a nasty and long divorce and I was going through a lot of emotional turmoil, so I made a VERY hard decision that since I could not provide for them at that time, they stay with their grandparents until I settled back home in AZ. Well things just got tougher and I would be selfish to strip them from a stable environment. I remarried with my high school sweetheart and we have 3 children together now. I keep contact with my oldest children. Being a stay at home mom is actually pretty tough. I loved working because it made me feel productive financially and it was a break away from the kids lol. I am actually experiencing some post partum and trying to connect with other moms with similar experience s and issues.
Quoting hugss:

Welcome to CafeMom Ruby,May I ask who the older ones live with?How do you like being home now?  Nice to meet you :)

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello and welcome to the group!

I give you so much credit for going back to school! That's awesome! 

Click here for Toddler Tips: Potty Training, Discipline,& more! 

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Hey n welcome Ruby!!
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group Ruby, very nice to meet you. My name is Shaquanna and I am a wife and mother to five children (16, 14, 7, 3, & 11 months) and we live in Ga.

Hope you enjoy yourself here on cafemom.

HopeAlive
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

You sound like a busy woman! :) Nice to meet you!! :) 

rubyboys31
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 7:39 PM
Thank you ladies and it is very nice to meet you as well. I was being mentored for assistant front end manager at a Fry's grocery store. I really liked what I was doing and was looking forward to moving my way up in the company, however... I was working 40+ hours a week and with just having my last child in January, I was going through some "mommy blues" or separation anxiety, then paying for gas to and back from work, paying the babysitter, I was making less than $100 out of my check, so I made a decision to stay home because we were doing fine with my husband's income. He is an auto mechanic and gets paid well, so he supported my decision. Plus I felt like everyone else was raising my kids and I was missing out. At least once I obtain my nursing degree, my kids will all be within school age, so it'll be much easier, I am hoping!
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello Ruby, welcome to cafemom. I'm a retired nurse, I lovd it and I;m sure you will too. Kudos to you for having the wisdom to let your kids live with their grandparents, if you were unable to care for them. I'm sure it was hard, and to know not to take them out of a home where they are secure was a loving decision, too. I am raising a great granddaughter, she is 7 now. We would all be emotionally devastated if her parents took her now, even though raisinng a child at our age is not easy. Good luck to all of you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN