Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What is the craziest request or demand your babysitter has made of you or your kids?

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:28 PM
  • 5 Replies

What is the craziest request or demand your babysitter has made of you or your kids? Did you do it?

by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amnesiacaj
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:46 PM

"Sign this contract in the next 12 hours or our verbal agreement will be considered terminated"

ETA - we did, but we've given notice per contract that we've found another sitter.

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:14 AM

No sitters, no demands. I don't do sitters...

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 12:48 PM

LOL First of all, a babysitter is usually considered an employee, not a visiting dignitary, so demands are not made by me or them, really.

Second of all, most of our sitters are family so we just act like people around each other...asking nicely, replying politely, etc.

martini8787
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 12:53 PM

I used to babysit and I was pretty easy since most of the families were my students at the preschool I worked at. So one day I go to do a meet and great even though I know the family well. The little boy had just woken from a nap and was shocked and a bit upset one of his teachers was in his house and he started hitting his mom. She is taking a beating and asks me "what would you do in this situation" and my honest response was that I wanted to know what she does since it's not school but her home. It was just odd to me.

polkaspots
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 12:55 PM
My cousin once told me she wasn't babysitting unless she could sit on the baby.
I let her, the kid loved it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN