Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I need a dna test

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 7:50 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have a 13 month old son and I do not know who the father is..it's out of two guys. I don't have a lot of money and cannot afford a test right now but want to know who my son's father is. I saw that I can get it done for free on a court tv show. What should I do? thanks for your help

by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I  hear that if you file for child support through the state they will do a paternity test but I have no personal experience

Good Luck

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:53 PM
3 moms liked this
If you file for ANY assistance thru the state, they will demand the fathers name of your baby. If you can not provide that info, they will bring both men in and do a free DNA test. I had to do it with my 13 yr old son when he was about 6mths old. I knew who the dad was, but he wouldnt do a test unless my ex did one too. Good luck hope it all works out.
funhappymom
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 7:46 AM

I wouldn't do one through a tv show but the other suggestions are good ones. Good luck!

**Post ANONYMOUSLY on Mom Confessions!**

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Can someone else help you pay for the test? Otherwise start saving. They can be done anytime.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I would do this.

Quoting DallasCowboys81: If you file for ANY assistance thru the state, they will demand the fathers name of your baby. If you can not provide that info, they will bring both men in and do a free DNA test. I had to do it with my 13 yr old son when he was about 6mths old. I knew who the dad was, but he wouldnt do a test unless my ex did one too. Good luck hope it all works out.

TupperwareTasha
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Hello... You can also do it through Department of Revenue... But to not pay for it you need to give them one mans name and info then when you go to court they will schedule a DNA test... when the results come in if it is not him then you will repeat the steps... It's Unfortuniate by they will not do more then 1 man at the same time it was costing too much money becuase of girls bringing in 4, 5, 6 guys that they knew were not the father or gys knowing that they were not denying it so the didn't have to pay... they decided to make the mother or the man denying it pay (only if it is his after her denies it and requests a test...Her if she knowingly admints it) Good Luck to you...on whatever you decide or how you decide to do it... (keep in mid i am Mass & Ct and that;s how they do it up here other states might have different rules but most are them same)

Hanab818
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 5:30 PM
File for support the state might pay.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN