Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you go swimming a lot in the summer? Do you take the kids or go yourself? Where do you swim at?

by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

about 10 minutes or so...depending on which one we want to go to. A few are a bit further....

Quoting jconney80:

Nice!! That is great! How close do you live to the beach?

Quoting SuperPickle:

Now that my DH teaches a class at a local fitness center and we get extremely discounted pool admission we go quite often. It is all indoor so its year round. In the summer we go to the lake, river  or the beach a few times a month.

jconney80
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:38 PM

I love swim clubs! I wish we had one closer to us. 

Quoting mama_l: All of the time. We belong to a swim club and have many friends with pools.

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Weather pending, we hit Hurricane Harbor (6 Flags) once a week, as well as the beach.

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:43 PM
No, the y closest to us does not have a pool. I wish they did they are closer. We go to a different gym. But it's great because my daughter is on the swim team in the summer so she gets to practice year round and doesn't forget anything.

Quoting jconney80:

That's awesome. Where do you swim in the winter? At the Y?

Quoting KyliesMom5: We swim everyday in the summer either at the pool, river or the lake. We swim in the winter a few times a week.

jconney80
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome!! My sister lives a block from the beach. I'd be there everyday if I was that close lol

Quoting SuperPickle:

about 10 minutes or so...depending on which one we want to go to. A few are a bit further....

Quoting jconney80:

Nice!! That is great! How close do you live to the beach?

Quoting SuperPickle:

Now that my DH teaches a class at a local fitness center and we get extremely discounted pool admission we go quite often. It is all indoor so its year round. In the summer we go to the lake, river  or the beach a few times a month.

mama_l
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:44 PM
It is wonderful! We decided years ago that the cost was cheaper than a 3 day vacation so we'd be dumb not to be a member.

Quoting jconney80:

Quoting mama_l: All of the time. We belong to a swim club and have many friends with pools.

jconney80
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Well that works out well! I'm thinking of joining the Y this year so we can swim in the winter time. My kids need so much activity. They get really bored in the winter.

Quoting KyliesMom5: No, the y closest to us does not have a pool. I wish they did they are closer. We go to a different gym. But it's great because my daughter is on the swim team in the summer so she gets to practice year round and doesn't forget anything.
Quoting jconney80:

That's awesome. Where do you swim in the winter? At the Y?

Quoting KyliesMom5: We swim everyday in the summer either at the pool, river or the lake. We swim in the winter a few times a week.

jconney80
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Wow that is cheap! There are city pools here and just recently the pass was 50% off for a summer pass to all of them. It would have been $40 for our whole family. The only problem is they are all so far away. I can't see us just jumping up and driving there several times a week. We also already bought passes to the theme park that has a water park so I felt like it was one or the other. Bummer!

Quoting mama_l: It is wonderful! We decided years ago that the cost was cheaper than a 3 day vacation so we'd be dumb not to be a member.
Quoting jconney80:

jconney80
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:52 PM

That's awesome! Do you have passes there?

Quoting KairisMama:

Weather pending, we hit Hurricane Harbor (6 Flags) once a week, as well as the beach.

mama_l
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Only $40 for the whole summer? Wow that is super cheap! We pay around $600 for the summer but it's a private club with other amenities. We are also super lucky that it's less than a mile from our house. The water park passes sound like fun too! We don't have anything like that close by.

Quoting jconney80:

Wow that is cheap! There are city pools here and just recently the pass was 50% off for a summer pass to all of them. It would have been $40 for our whole family. The only problem is they are all so far away. I can't see us just jumping up and driving there several times a week. We also already bought passes to the theme park that has a water park so I felt like it was one or the other. Bummer!

Quoting mama_l: It is wonderful! We decided years ago that the cost was cheaper than a 3 day vacation so we'd be dumb not to be a member.

Quoting jconney80:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)