Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you go swimming a lot in the summer? Do you take the kids or go yourself? Where do you swim at?

by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Replies (21-30):
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Yep :)

Quoting jconney80:

That's awesome! Do you have passes there?

Quoting KairisMama:

Weather pending, we hit Hurricane Harbor (6 Flags) once a week, as well as the beach.

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Nice!! That would be a blast! Our theme park has a huge water park that is a lot like 6 Flags. My kids aren't really old enough for most of it though yet. I can't wait until they are!

Quoting KairisMama: Yep :)
Quoting jconney80:

Quoting KairisMama:

Weather pending, we hit Hurricane Harbor (6 Flags) once a week, as well as the beach.

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 12:11 AM
I've been taking mine since ages 2 and 5. They love the pool and toddler area. We go for 3 hours in the afternoon, then head home. This year my youngest is 4 and tall enough for the tube slides.

Quoting jconney80:

Nice!! That would be a blast! Our theme park has a huge water park that is a lot like 6 Flags. My kids aren't really old enough for most of it though yet. I can't wait until they are!

Quoting KairisMama: Yep :)

Quoting jconney80:

Quoting KairisMama:

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 12:15 AM
It really does. I try to keep my daughter as active as possible and we can't always do the things we want to because my ankles are in such bad shape. So the pool helps with that. I make my daughter do a certain amount of laps and then she can do whatever she wants in the pool as long as she is constantly moving.

Quoting jconney80:

Well that works out well! I'm thinking of joining the Y this year so we can swim in the winter time. My kids need so much activity. They get really bored in the winter.

Quoting KyliesMom5: No, the y closest to us does not have a pool. I wish they did they are closer. We go to a different gym. But it's great because my daughter is on the swim team in the summer so she gets to practice year round and doesn't forget anything.

Quoting jconney80:

That's awesome. Where do you swim in the winter? At the Y?

Quoting KyliesMom5: We swim everyday in the summer either at the pool, river or the lake. We swim in the winter a few times a week.

MixedCooke
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 2:18 AM

we have a pool, so we swim as often as the weather allows because it is also hurricane/rainy season for us as well.

themomof3boys
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 7:13 AM

we go swimming everyday, sometimes I go with my kids, sometimes alone.  We swim in a lake most of the time.

PlaysAllDay
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 7:18 AM
We swim a lot. About 5 times a week. We either go to my parents or to the waterpark we have passes to. I try to get 2 alone days at the pool but the rest of the time I take my kids.
RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:06 AM

We go a lot. We either go to the community pool, or the beach. Yes, I always take the kids with me.

butterfly61806
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:23 AM
We have a four ft pool and swim every afternoon.
ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 12:38 PM

We have a pool in our backyard so the kids have been swimming for a bout a month now

i am a little on the wussier side and just swam for the first time this year last night.

when i was  a sahm we swam everday in the summertime(their first summers they were about 9 mos old)

so by the time time they could touch(4 ft deep) and they took swim lessons, they were very comfortable in the water, none of that standing on the side screaming and pitching a fit(they did that at home with me, LOL)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN