Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you go swimming a lot in the summer? Do you take the kids or go yourself? Where do you swim at?

by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Replies (31-40):
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Yeah but it's just for the city pools and I'm sure they are super crowded every day. I was really on the fence about getting it. I should have but I figured we might not use it much! I'm sure a private club is a lot nicer and less crowded!

Quoting mama_l: Only $40 for the whole summer? Wow that is super cheap! We pay around $600 for the summer but it's a private club with other amenities. We are also super lucky that it's less than a mile from our house. The water park passes sound like fun too! We don't have anything like that close by.
Quoting jconney80:

Wow that is cheap! There are city pools here and just recently the pass was 50% off for a summer pass to all of them. It would have been $40 for our whole family. The only problem is they are all so far away. I can't see us just jumping up and driving there several times a week. We also already bought passes to the theme park that has a water park so I felt like it was one or the other. Bummer!

Quoting mama_l: It is wonderful! We decided years ago that the cost was cheaper than a 3 day vacation so we'd be dumb not to be a member.
Quoting jconney80:

I love swim clubs! I wish we had one closer to us. 

Quoting mama_l: All of the time. We belong to a swim club and have many friends with pools.

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this
We have a pool in our backyard and we swim every few days.
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:11 PM

That's so cool! My kids love the pool and the zero entry beach kiddie pools. That's awesome that your 4 year old likes the tube slides! I can't get my 4 year old on one lol. He's a scaredy cat. We just did the lazy river the other day for the first time and they all really liked it. 

Quoting KairisMama: I've been taking mine since ages 2 and 5. They love the pool and toddler area. We go for 3 hours in the afternoon, then head home. This year my youngest is 4 and tall enough for the tube slides.
Quoting jconney80:

Nice!! That would be a blast! Our theme park has a huge water park that is a lot like 6 Flags. My kids aren't really old enough for most of it though yet. I can't wait until they are!

Quoting KairisMama: Yep :)
Quoting jconney80:

That's awesome! Do you have passes there?

Quoting KairisMama:

Weather pending, we hit Hurricane Harbor (6 Flags) once a week, as well as the beach.

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:11 PM

Fun! That is so convenient! How long have you had it?

Quoting auntangelofsix: We have a pool in our backyard and we swim every few days.

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:14 PM
We got a small pool last summer and this year earlyer we got a big one from our old neighbors across the street that had to move.

Quoting jconney80:

Quoting auntangelofsix: We have a pool in our backyard and we swim every few days.

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:19 PM

That's a good idea. My ankles are a mess too so I was just telling my hubby today that I should start swimming more as a way to get exercise. 

Quoting KyliesMom5: It really does. I try to keep my daughter as active as possible and we can't always do the things we want to because my ankles are in such bad shape. So the pool helps with that. I make my daughter do a certain amount of laps and then she can do whatever she wants in the pool as long as she is constantly moving.
Quoting jconney80:

Well that works out well! I'm thinking of joining the Y this year so we can swim in the winter time. My kids need so much activity. They get really bored in the winter.

Quoting KyliesMom5: No, the y closest to us does not have a pool. I wish they did they are closer. We go to a different gym. But it's great because my daughter is on the swim team in the summer so she gets to practice year round and doesn't forget anything.
Quoting jconney80:

That's awesome. Where do you swim in the winter? At the Y?

Quoting KyliesMom5: We swim everyday in the summer either at the pool, river or the lake. We swim in the winter a few times a week.

NicoleandBen
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:22 PM
We have a little, plastic pool but we belong to our neighborhood swim club. I take Ben but sometimes if he isn't home I will go myself. We don't swim as often though. It gets crowded on weekends so we go around afternoon on weekends when it is less crowded.
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 12:31 AM

That's usually when we try to go when it's less crowded. The pools can be packed on the really hot days! We went to the water park yesterday and it was almost 90 degrees so of course everyone was there lol

Quoting NicoleandBen: We have a little, plastic pool but we belong to our neighborhood swim club. I take Ben but sometimes if he isn't home I will go myself. We don't swim as often though. It gets crowded on weekends so we go around afternoon on weekends when it is less crowded.

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 12:32 AM

That's awesome that they gave it to you! Nice!

Quoting auntangelofsix: We got a small pool last summer and this year earlyer we got a big one from our old neighbors across the street that had to move.
Quoting jconney80:

MedicMommy2
by New Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 12:53 AM

Every day! Either the neighborhood pool, my parents pool, or the river or lake. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN