Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you go swimming a lot in the summer? Do you take the kids or go yourself? Where do you swim at?

by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Replies (41-47):
-Chunky-Monkey-
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 12:56 AM

We usually try to go 3-4x a week.....mil has a pool that we can use whenever we want :)

themomof3boys
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:44 AM
We swim in a lake and we are there everyday. Expect for if the weather is bad.
Sister_Someone
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:49 AM

Never, and maybe not even then. I'm terrified of deep water. I take my kid to the beach or go with friends, I just don't enter the ocean.

NicoleandBen
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:18 AM
They do get packed! We went to a splash pad last week and it was so crowded I don't know how I kept track of Ben.

Quoting jconney80:

That's usually when we try to go when it's less crowded. The pools can be packed on the really hot days! We went to the water park yesterday and it was almost 90 degrees so of course everyone was there lol

Quoting NicoleandBen: We have a little, plastic pool but we belong to our neighborhood swim club. I take Ben but sometimes if he isn't home I will go myself. We don't swim as often though. It gets crowded on weekends so we go around afternoon on weekends when it is less crowded.

awbredux
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:18 AM

We belong to a nearby community pool.  Our daughters go just about everyday.   We spend a lot of time there most Saturdays and Sundays and occasionally go for a swim after work.  

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:21 PM

It sure is!! My sister lives in Florida. Is that where you're at?

Quoting MixedCooke:

we have a pool, so we swim as often as the weather allows because it is also hurricane/rainy season for us as well.

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 4:29 AM
Yep and the storms have been crazy lately but Floridians have the belief, the rainier it is, the lower the chance for a hurricane.

Quoting jconney80:

It sure is!! My sister lives in Florida. Is that where you're at?

Quoting MixedCooke:

we have a pool, so we swim as often as the weather allows because it is also hurricane/rainy season for us as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)