Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here...(July 5th)

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 66 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Hello! Welcome! How are you today?

Quoting Rintel: I have 2 beautiful girls. They are the high light of my life

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
How old are your girls?  Nice to meet you :)

julialinda
by New Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi!

My name is Julia. I'm a first generation Korean American. My parents were born in South Korea, but left shortly after the Korean War. I was born about ten years after they got here.

I was born in Cali, but have lived in Seattle since I graduated college in the late 80s. Got married in 94, and had my first girl, Lisa, in 95. Years later, I was pregnant again, and had my second girl, Betty, in 2001 (she was a complete surprise, I was not expecting another kid at 36!)

My husband and I split in 2009, over numerous things. Since then, I've been trying my best as a single mom to raise my two girls right.

I work in programming and coding at a tech company here in Seattle.

Where free time is concerned, I love to do yoga and a few other things.

So glad to be here! :)
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Julia,
How old are the girls now?  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting julialinda: Hi! My name is Julia. I'm a first generation Korean American. My parents were born in South Korea, but left shortly after the Korean War. I was born about ten years after they got here. I was born in Cali, but have lived in Seattle since I graduated college in the late 80s. Got married in 94, and had my first girl, Lisa, in 95. Years later, I was pregnant again, and had my second girl, Betty, in 2001 (she was a complete surprise, I was not expecting another kid at 36!) My husband and I split in 2009, over numerous things. Since then, I've been trying my best as a single mom to raise my two girls right. I work in programming and coding at a tech company here in Seattle. Where free time is concerned, I love to do yoga and a few other things. So glad to be here! :)

DakotaHaley
by Crystal on Jul. 5, 2014 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

welcome

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Welcome to cafemom. Tell us a little more about yourself.

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Hello Julia, welcome to cafemom. Do you like Seattle? Here's another great group you might want to check out.

Quoting julialinda: Hi! My name is Julia. I'm a first generation Korean American. My parents were born in South Korea, but left shortly after the Korean War. I was born about ten years after they got here. I was born in Cali, but have lived in Seattle since I graduated college in the late 80s. Got married in 94, and had my first girl, Lisa, in 95. Years later, I was pregnant again, and had my second girl, Betty, in 2001 (she was a complete surprise, I was not expecting another kid at 36!) My husband and I split in 2009, over numerous things. Since then, I've been trying my best as a single mom to raise my two girls right. I work in programming and coding at a tech company here in Seattle. Where free time is concerned, I love to do yoga and a few other things. So glad to be here! :)

julialinda
by New Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Quoting hugss:

Welcome to CafeMom Julia,How old are the girls now?  Nice to meet you :)

Lisa is 18 going on 19, and a sophomore at Cal Tech. So darned proud of her. :)

Betty is 12 going on 13, and headed to the 8th grade this year. Guiding another girl through the ups and downs of teen life and puberty, haha! :)

julialinda
by New Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Quoting elasmimi:

Hello Julia, welcome to cafemom. Do you like Seattle? Here's another great group you might want to check out.

Seattle is nice. Rainy and cloudy most of the time, but nonetheless nice. I really like the techy, metropolitan feel of it, against the backdrop of mountains. It's my kind of place. :)

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 12:03 PM

I love the northern Oregon coast, where the weather is very similiar. Never been to Seattle though, but I have heard great things about it.

Quoting julialinda:

Quoting elasmimi:

Seattle is nice. Rainy and cloudy most of the time, but nonetheless nice. I really like the techy, metropolitan feel of it, against the backdrop of mountains. It's my kind of place. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)