Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

angry grandmother

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:52 AM
  • 5 Replies
hi my name is cris i am a nana and a mum i have 13 grandkids that come to visit me on a regular visits and 8 weeks ago i found out i have a child molester in my flats on the second level. now i only got told about him because the police child protection until came to my flat having concerns and saftey for my grandkids because of him. then 2 weeks ago they came back same officer cib child section in adelaide and told me to keep my kids locked up away from him and said he needs a place to stay i want him out and no one will help me.
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:06 AM

Which country do you live in and what are the laws there concerning child molesters?   Here they can not live within a certain distance of schools or heavily populated areas where children are.   We get notices with pictures of the person but not their actual address.  We never let our daughter or any child under our care out of our sight to begin with.

gracef282
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:58 AM
2 moms liked this
Have you reported it to your council or major of your town. You should approach them and get some advice. He certainly shouldn't be any where near children.
MamaBearEH
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:43 AM
I don't understand why your grandchildren should be locked up. Isn't he the one with the problem? There should be limitations on what he can do not what those around him can do. I would be filing a complaint.
Reina13
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Can you talk with the super or administration of the building you live in? I would not feel safe with children around a sex offender especially if the police had been by.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Welcome Cris!  You're so blessed to have so many grandchildren. :)

I think that really the only thing you can do is to keep the children away from the man's apartment, keep an eye on them and teach them some safety rules.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)