• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey!! All of you who know laws!! Get in here!!!

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:34 AM
  • 5 Replies
Hey there Ladies!! :) I have quite the issue here.. I have this individual who has photos of our children on their Facebook and I'm livid over it!! We don't have Facebook and don't want anyone posting pictures of our children online and I'm just curious, is there anything We can legally do to have them remove the photos?? This person is a family member of ours that is pretty crazy and uses her Facebook in ways that cause a lot of problems with alot of people and I don't want my children associated with this type of person/page, we don't want photos of our kids online for obvious reasons.. Perverts, people may think we associate with the bucket of crazy that keeps posting them, could possibly bring drama to our family.. Is there anything that can be done?? We specifically said we don't want any pictures posted online and this person did it anyway..
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:07 PM
You can try cpmtacting facebook directly n see if they will do anything. Good luck!
MandaMom23
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:10 PM

I can understand how you feel.  I think it is rude if someone posts pictures of you or your kids against your wishes.  Good luck with getting them taken down.

LauraLuciferMom
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:19 PM
2 moms liked this
I found some useful information on google.. Under penalty of perjury law on Facebook, anyone who posts photos of kids under the age of 13 without parental consent, will have the photos removed (if parent reports them) so that's what I'm doing :) wish me luck!!
LauraLuciferMom
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:28 PM
http://safe-at-last.hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Get-Your-Under-13-Years-Old-Childs-Photo-Removed-From-Someones-Face-Book-Profile

Just incase anyone else would like the link to what I found and how to have pictures of your kids that have been posted without your consent removed from fb :)
MandaMom23
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:28 PM

That's great that you found some helpful information.  Good Luck!

Quoting LauraLuciferMom: I found some useful information on google.. Under penalty of perjury law on Facebook, anyone who posts photos of kids under the age of 13 without parental consent, will have the photos removed (if parent reports them) so that's what I'm doing :) wish me luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)