Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What do you call your spouse/partner?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you have a nickname for your spouse or partner?  Or do you call him (her) by their 1st name only?

If you call them by a nickname, what is it?  How did it come about?

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
MaineMammax2
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Jason, Jason Lee Fartknocker, SeƱor poopy pants, Jason dear...to name a few, lol. 19 years gives you a lot of time to come up with nicknames ;)
ElleLuvsOrchids
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I call him Sweetie, Jeff Honey (so does out 22 month old DD because he hears me do it so often) or Da (what our DD calls him) or LoveLing.  He calls me LoveLing too and we call our DD "Littlest LoveLing".  The name came about early in our relationship.  I used to call him Love or Darling, and one day I mixed up the words and said "LoveLing" and it stuck. 

JalynSpoon
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Spoony or baby. 

browneyedgrl550
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Hey booboo, eddie boo, wonder bunny (when I am beng sarcastic), beavis, whatever pops into my head, and Daddy.
diaperstodating
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:51 PM
I'm just here to see if anyone calls him "dear". I don't know why it annoys me so much but I hate when people type "dh". (I never use abbreviations, I always type the full word). Who actually calls her husband dear in real life?
Del672
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:52 PM

ROFL..I guess I better not tell you what I call mine.  Been married long enough that it depends on the day...the mood...how good he's been to me...how PO'd he's made me.   I guess hon..on good days...dont think CM will let me tell you about the bad days.  lmao

msjoecool
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:52 PM
Sweetie, honey, darlin', pumpkin, his name
Del672
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess if one is totally PO'd with their DH...it would be DFF.

Quoting diaperstodating: I'm just here to see if anyone calls him "dear". I don't know why it annoys me so much but I hate when people type "dh". (I never use abbreviations, I always type the full word). Who actually calls her husband dear in real life?

autumnmemory1
by New Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:55 PM
I call him "baby" all the time.
JulietteM23
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:55 PM
Baby, Bae, Dorie, or D when I'm really trying to get his attention it's just Dorian which is his name hence D or Dorie
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)